Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Wild Gratitudes... From Waffles to Colorado


This Joy of advent brings me back to this olde shed.  
Gratitude unlocks the door and 
once again 
I'm home.
I'm thankful to be here and this olde 
heart is full of gratitude.  

A warm green house in December...
Blooms 
and "ever green"- just like I read in my studies today.  

I'm thankful for our health... 
that these winter colds are waning finally.

For this small family with real "I got you"  love. 

For Myguy's prayers and strength.
My best friend.

For neighbors. 
And the one with Alzheimer's  who stopped me in the road to 
give me these  flowers.  She knows me.... but doesn't know me.  
Most of her life is that way now. And yet, when she asked me what 
my shirt said, I held it out and read:   Glory to the newborn King- 
How her face lit up 
and she exclaimed "He's why Im still here!"  
For that beautiful smile of hers that musta shot all the way to heaven...
ricocheting Godlove all over the place-
even splattering me through the passenger window of my Jeep. 
How she reached for my hand then and told me if I ever get rid of 
that shirt I know who would wear it.   ;) 
This heart almost burst sweet JoyYyyyYyy

For life lessons like this I get to savor and learn from...
So many angles of love and connections that often are 
a complete surprise.      

For all the yellow roses He puts in my path... 
thanks God.       

For sourdough waffles ; wheat berries ground and turned to 
Trees 
so ever green

silly or amazing dots that get my attention 

and fill and spill into all
my  nooks and crannies. 

How some things make sense and others don't make sense 
until they later do make sense... 
For all of it... I breathe a huge thank you Lord.  
  

For Christmas time... 
and all the sparkle and lights...

Crossing bridges and listening to music.
For a carol I didn't know  that now has  become one of my favorites..
Come Thou Long Expected Jesus.....
born to set thy people free...

For home and wildflowers-
A Daisy 
and a Rose. 

For walking 42 miles with Daisy in November for St. Judes... 
She finally doesn't drag me anymore.
And this one cranky hip  don't seem so rusty.

For puppy breath kisses and companionship. 

Recording December dailys .... 
and fresh ink in my favorite Conklin.

art adventing with my friend Dawn... 
and prompts that help  reflect on so much goodness 
in 2022.
 
Printing piles of photos to remember and journal. 
 

Trains... and getting to actually 


ride one for real.  
One of my dreams come true;  riding the Durango train to Silverton.  

My midori traveler's notebook holding  real train tickets inside and traveled 
a train from the 1800's.   

Standing on the platform with my fella and listening to the clanking 
of the rails.  

Seeing a bear on the mountainside along with wild turkeys and a lone duck. 

The beautiful mountains  and sounds of the train whistle... 
I can't believe I got to experience all this.  
I'm so grateful.  

Thankful we had seats for two 
instead of table for four... it was more quiet 
and intimate... 

Sweet memories made... together.

Moments I get to cherish and keep.  


For snow!


Getting to walk the Barbara Whipple trail with Myguy and look
for pretty rocks in the Arkansas river- while
it SNOWED!

For beautiful trees we fell in love with ... 
so very ever green

For looking for the start of the Arkansas River with my fella

and his warm hand to hold.  

Sharing a  delicious Pepperoni pizza at Crave. 
It had us at sourdough crust.  

For pretty aspens... and 

rock hounding  the Fairburn agate beds in SD.  

It was so much fun... 

For so many treasures I brought back home.  

Even acorns and pinecones and a piece of driftwood 
from BV. 

For safe travels all the way back home... and 
home again home again jiggity jig.  


for tiny horses and 
our little tatertot.

our deer friends and even this old  boomtruck 
also known as Bigbird.   

For sweet treats on the counter... and this 

growing love affair with sourdough.  

For unconditional love such as 
Kissin and making up with this girl 
after she helped herself to  two loaves of sourdough banana bread cooling on the counter.  


Thank you God for all these things and so much more 
thank you for my every thing. 

<*))))><
Until we meet again, 
Lea




































































 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Good day sweet friend and what beautiful photos to share....looks amazing, love that you saw a bear..wow!!!! Congratulations on walking 42 miles and that your sweet Daisy didn't tug you along. Home and wildflowers ..a daisy and a rose. Love that :)

YOU are a Blessing. Thank you for sharing your days. <)))><