Friday, December 30, 2022

Keeping Christmas and

Hi friends, 
Happy Christmastide.  
Thought I'd stop by the shed today and say hello.  
Speaking of the shed; it's pretty bare now.  
The last cold snap did quite a number on all my plants.  
We had the heater roaring but the below zero winds took it's toll. 
I should have carted them all to our heated and insulated office. 
So far succulents and geraniums are all that are still with us.   
I cut back the geraniums and gave them fresh soil. New green leaves 
show a glimmer of hope.  

Not only was the bitter cold a hardship to my greenhouse but also
our chickens.  Blakelea's rooster almost died.  I hope he continues to pick up. 
I put him in a crate with hay and left him alone in the greenhouse.  It's warm in there 
now and at least he's eating and drinking again.  Some of the others got frostbite.  

In years past I have often taken our tree down the day after Christmas.  
But this year we are savoring it and enjoying these quieter days.  
Myguy also has had time off so that has been wonderful.  
We have played quite alot.  
 
The other day we drove to Little Rock and went to some antique stores. 
Vendors were marking their Christmas things down and one had 
this little vintage tinsel tree.  It was love at first sight.  
It's staying on my little art table until the 6th and hopefully it will 
live in a little art studio one of these days. 

So our decorations are staying awhile longer.  
The dusting of snow on the porch melted right away but at least 
I can marvel and remember as I look into this photo. 
 We saw snowflakes!

I made the little Jesus' birthday cakes in jars again.  
Gave some out at church on Christmas eve and 

saved one for myself for Christmas morning devotions.  
Our kids all came for Christmas dinner so I was up early putting the ham
and turkey in the oven- but once that was all done... it was a very sweet 
and memorable time with the Lord.  

Our Michelle and Blakelea made the larger birthday cake for us all to 
share after gifts were opened.   
Chocolate cake with crushed candy canes on top.  
It was so festive and beautiful and delicious and hearing our family's voices 
all singing "Happy birthday" to the King of Kings -- well... it's a tradition I think 
that we all hold dear.  


And this is what our days look like now.  
The hustle and bustle is done. 
Now we just rest and enjoy the lights and peace
of Christmas.  


I cannot believe the year is almost over.  
Do you look back alot to look forward?  
Do you make resolutions? 
I hear more and more people trash the whole concept. 
But I do have goals and things I would love to see happen.  

My faith journal is almost over and a new one for 2023 is waiting in the wings. 
It's another moleskine large soft planner to write a scripture a day. (Amazon)
It's become one of my favorite things and daily practices. 
I will share more about it in the days to come in case 
anyone is interested or looking for new things they 
want to start.   

While we are saying goodbye to 2022,   


I'm excited and look forward to a brand new year.  
It's time to make goals, dream  and journal 
our hearts.  
 

For me it starts with a written prayer because I want to do and be 
everything God has for me.  
I'll try to share more about it in the days to come.
I'll be saying So long, to my word Beloved
and carrying it close to heart into 2023.  
Be love.
Be loved.
The  next word  is "enough." 
I told a friend just today that I can already feel the prick of it. 
 
Well my honey just texted and is on his way home. 
Time to get some fried potatoes  on the stove!

Until we meet again,
<*))))><
Lea





















 

No comments: