Saturday, February 26, 2022

Ice, and Happy Mail


Through my window before dawn- 
crescent moon and glistening ice.

Outdoors in pajamas wanting to see 
every thing as the sun came up. 
It all looks so different like this; so sparkly.

The ice storm made our trees so lovely but 

many unfortunately were broken. 

We walked fence rows and at times heard the crashing of limbs 
in the woods around us.  It was so loud... 
amid the quiet. 


Our olde boy stayed inside during the worst of it all. 
He's still  sad and often stares into the woods
and brays  for his Momma.  I wish I knew how to make it better
somehow.  The date just rolled back around when I lost my own Momma.
It's been 15 years now;  just seems unreal.  The "missing" never leaves. 

 I read donkeys have an incredible memory and can 
recognize places and other donkeys they knew 25 years ago. I read about them mourning 
and some actually get sick missing their buddy.  I hope 
he'll be okay.  We may need to get him another donkey friend?
  



Now to share a fun surprise.
A long package came in the mail this week.  
Myguy asked, "Did you order something?"
Me:... No???... not that I recall? 
Opening it I found this.  
Giftings from a sweet friend and her grandkids.  
"The horseshoe is to remember Violet," she said. 
It brought tears to my eyes;
what a thoughtful thing to do.   

This beautiful artwork was inside too.  
(my heart)  

They also painted pinecones and made 
acorn necklaces for Blakelea and me.  
They're soooo beautiful!

Hearts too!


Then two handmade walking sticks.  
The yellow one has a bee on the end of it.
She said that one was for me. 
The other has a purple end for Blake.  
They're soooo gorgeous.  

I cannot wait til the weather warms abit and my girl comes over to play. 
We will put on our necklaces;  grab our fancy sticks and head for the big woods!
What amazing giftings and I hope she'll teach me how to make walking sticks like she did. 
They have dangly charms and everything!  
She said she was glad our paths crossed and... I am too.  
She's a nature girl to the bone and I love and learn from watching how she 
interacts with her own grandchildren. 

Well it's getting late... 
I'm off to play in an art journal.
Until we meet again,
<*))))>< 

























 

No comments: