Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Hello February... Desires of The Heart , What Do I Seek?

It's hard to believe a whole 31 days of this year is 
past.  Didn't we just hang a new 2022 calendar? 
It feels like it. 
I wonder how many people actually use a wall or desk calendar anymore?
In this digital age... I bet wall calendar sales have dwindled.  
I actually love shopping for the perfect wall calendar and look forward every year to 
flipping it to January and hanging it on the bent nail down our hallway.  
  New notebooks, pens, calendars, new habits,
new goals, hopes.  Writing out your dreams, or how you intend to accomplish new goals,
planning get aways, celebrations, ... the whole shebang. 

Thumbing back through last month makes me realize some of my new goals 
 fell by the wayside.  -- So..
adding  intention ... a better plan.  One simple goal was I want to read more.  But... I  never made an intention
of how to do that.  Now I'm  already behind.   
 I never chose my books or best time of the day for me to read.  For me; I can't enjoy a book
if I know there are other things I oughta be doing.  Not only will I not fully enjoy it but 
I don't retain as much when I feel guilty that I'm reading.  --- Anyways... these are things 
I'm looking at and while it may sound trivial....I know it's really not.  
We all get 24 hours a day to spend. And look how fast the last 31 days went by never
to return. 

I read the other day about an UNbucket list.  
What a concept.
  Maybe it's actually just as important as a bucket list if there's things you really want to do in your lifetime?
There's so many things we wind up doing 
because of people pleasing, or pressure from someone, ...
that truly we were never meant to even be doing.  And if you do that with too many
things before you know it you get burned smooth out, stressed out or just
mad at the whole world.  Surely someone relates?
As they say; it's never too late for a reset.  

I asked God recently to give me a great desire for the things 
He desires for my life.  
 I don't want to go through life just doin my own thing or someone else's thing, and miss what He has 
for me to do or be.
Then I got a paper and pen and started writing ... in order 
of what I do, want to do, and all the people and things in my life that I spend time with and on. 
It wasn't long I was crossing things out and 
rewriting things in CAPS. 
Matt 6:33 came to mind somewhere in there. 
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness
and all these things will be added to you
And again I began crossing things out and 
moving things around in a totally different order.  
It started to feel good.. really really good.  
Funny how askew things can get in this world.  
I'm glad this olde shed is right up towards the top of my desires.

Well the start of February for us is getting prepared
best as we can.  
Our weatherman keeps talking of an ice storm and 
single digit temperatures.  We don't have those very often so 
we're doing what we can just in case.  
Yes, .. Did someone say, "Bread, Milk." 
Yep, got those. ha 
If our power goes out for a few days hopefully we'll 
have what we need. 
 
Preparing for our animals is a big  priority.
We had an old tarp that I use in Spring for late frosts on my garden.
Mikey cut it up and stapled around the big coop to keep the girls warmer.
I think they'll appreciate the wind block.
We also put more straw down on the floor.

Last night we hauled a couple buckets of loose hay raked off the barn floor
to the goat barn for Otis and Sky.  Just a thicker bed where they sleep.  
We also added more  in the big dog shelter.  Daisy and Rosie thought it was purely for 
their entertainment. They'd run and just jump in it like it was a pile of autumn leaves.
They sleep in the house at night but still they do spend alot of time outside and we 
never let them run loose... never.

I am so glad Mike got our new breaker put in this week.
We have firewood and can cook on our woodstove if needed.
He's also bringing  home one of the generators today just in case. 
 
I'm so thankful for this olde farmhouse. 
For the warmth of home.

I'm thankful for the love of family and ....taking 
intentional selfies with my big hearted 
burly baby boy.  :)
It's something we are being more mindful to do. 
Take photos together just the way we are.


I'm thankful for paint splatters and doing the Word Of Day with my friend.
We ended January with my wod: JOURNEY
inspired from my blast from my  past music!

 I'm thankful for dancing in the kitchen... 
and singing into wooden spoons.


for do overs 
resets 
grace upon grace  when I didn't get to it... 

Don't stop believin... hold on to that feelin..... 
streetlight ... people... 

Until we meet again
<*))))><















 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hey Lea, I am a calendar girl too!!!! It is hard to believe all those days have flown past. Sometimes looking back is not good coz I think I should've done more.

I hope you don'e get an ice storm and you all have to hunker down.

Love your pictures as always, it's good to come visit you.

Kind thoughts and prayers