Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Faith Journaling


Hello friends,
Those of you who are already under lots of snow;
we are waiting for it to get to us next. 
My neighbor keeps texting me weather bulletins -- she gets
as excited as I do when our meteorologist even hints we could see sleet. :)
I think we're ready out here! 
The birds must know it's comin- 
they're all over the feeders today.  

In the pourin rain I got olde Violet and Spirit (the donks)
walked to the barn from the front pasture.  They're now in the pony pen 
so once the ice hits I can get them inside.  We can't believe Violet is still
with us.  She has one hoof that is about down to a little nub and she walks
on her tiptoe.  It's pretty sad but our farrier said she's still okay... she's just 
an old lady.  (what's he mean by all that?) ha

Cleaned out the nook today and put dibs on it.  
Everything's white and cozy and Daisy; she's just gonna have to stay outta there. 
She seriously thinks it's all her's.  

Found the book I'm starting.
Intention! 
I don't know how to bullet journal well. 
I got this quite awhile back and never started it. 
It's time. 

Thought I'd share with yall my faith journaling today. 
This is the same moleskine large planner that I use every year.
Just a new 2022. 
The left page I write a scripture a day for the year.
On the right: sometimes I just paint on the page because it takes watercolor pretty well.
Tidbits of the week can get glued on; church bulletins, parts of devotionals, words cut from old book pages,
collage, ... or just write and document things that happen. 
This week I've printed alot of photos; mostly on plain copy paper. 

You've probably seen lots of photos here of my feet. 
It's my: Where I've been... -- I like to take photos like that to depict 
my "walk."   On this particular day recently I was down at the spring in our woods. 
I stood on a rock and started to take the photo of my boots on the rock.  
But then I noticed my shadow.  The natural way the rock lined up across my shadow
made it look like a cute peacoat.  Button and all.  So I cut out this photo to use 
for a journal card.  On the back side I wrote a prayer of some things I'm going through.
Then I used washi on the left side to tape it over my bottom page to hide the secret
journaling prayer. 

Then I had printed this photo on a transparency film sheet right in my printer.
I cut it out to fit exactly over the peacoat shadow photo and again
used washi tape on the same left side to adhere it.  I love adding layers and 
adds to telling my story.  

Still have four days left in the week so it could change some; probably will.  
I'll probably add another layer or two on top of "This is my story this is my song." 

I've been asked before about the transparencies...
this is what I use.  It is expensive I know; but it's lasted me a long time and 
I've really enjoyed using it to pages.  
I think there are cheaper brands but I've never tried those.  This was recommended to me
from someone else and I got it on Amazon.  

Last of all thought I'd add

this photo as a free to use shareable. 
A sweet lil feather I found by our bird feeder.  
Usually I share scripture pictures but I do like to add things like this to my pages 
as well.  
It's the little things! 
#sharethelove

Stay safe yall,
Until we meet again,
<*))))><
















 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hope you all are ok, have been hearing about snow storms in the U.S.

Love your journaling ideas and the photo transparency is so cool..

Hope Violet is ok she sure is a grand lady.

Thank you for sharing the lovely pics.

Blessings