Sunday, January 30, 2022

A Few Recent Randoms....

 


blackbirds like ornaments

hearing him sing old lyrics I'd long forgotten 
listening... they come back like riding a bike

celebrating his birthday
Tacos, nachos the works
kids gathered around the table singing 
chocolate buttermilk cake and peanut butter cup ice cream - his favorites
the love 

-remembering again back to the day my Mil once took me inside a very tiny country hospital 
right into the very room she gave birth to my husband
She and I standing side by side; both feeling the magnitude that right there
our stories together began and we wouldn't yet meet for more than 
16 years.  

a podcast I listened to out walking yesterday about the book of John

memories of a dear aunt who just went to heaven and 
thankful for time spent on our front porch together talking about Jesus not long ago.  
finding a selfie we took together in my phone
the impact she made on my life and knowing I'll get to see her again one day
the simplicity box she gave me 

conversations lately about death and pondering it with a loved one...
sharing what we'd do if we knew we were fixin to die soon....
what would you want to do....
what would you not want to do....  
and talking about how when Jesus knew he was fixin to die... He washed 
a bunch of dirty feet

witnessing friends become members today at church
sermon about authority and how so often no one wants anyone to be the boss of them
these days

an old, weak breaker replaced

seeing  some life after my heater went out 
the hope for a comeback

new heater just in the nick of time...
crazycold is coming

clean and ready woodstove
firewood on the porch
hay in the barn

nutrigrain bar- blueberry

that smile and what a trooper he is- always
lookin on the bright side

a warm afternoon to fix the broken waterline
tshirts on a January afternoon

kids who sweetly check in on us
love of family and friends

<*)))>< 















 





No comments: