Saturday, November 20, 2021

November Thanks Givings Day 20

Hey friends, 
Happy Saturday.... I can't believe it's  almost Thanksgiving can you?!!
I'm feeling no stress this year which is super nice.  
I'm only in charge of green bean casserole, pumpkin bread and 
anything else we just want to make.  I might make the Texas roadhouse rolls 
and butter too.  

We had plans last night to go out to the shed and get the big Christmas tree 
and start hauling in all the totes... but I just wasn't feelin it.  Pretty sure
Myguy wasn't either so we ate supper and hit the hay.  
Today... something sparked in me so ... 
I got one of the wagons out of the goat pen.  (They play on it)

Then I had to move a bunch of stuff to even get to the tree.  
That thing weighs a ton... and looks like a bodybag.  
Once I got it on the wagon I saw a hole.... eeek... the pipe center went out the bottom 
so of course I wondered what all was in there with the tree.  I mean you never know-
(insert big eyeballs)  After I heaved her up on the porch I finished unzipping it the rest of the way. 
I left it open on the porch awhile just in case.  The three pieces are waiting to be 
carried one by one to the living room now.  I know if you are the one responsible for putting 
up your tree... yall understand.  Those things are heavy.  I'm kinda concerned about the lights...
oh I hope they all work.  It's one of those prelit jobbers and if it's dead... well let's just hope it's not.  These thin bags have no protection.  Keeping them in the box is the safest way I think but there comes a time that the cardboard box has to go.  

I'm preparing myself now for a tongue lashing when Myguy gets home.  Not bad but he'll say: 
WHYYYYYYY did you not wait for me to help you????  I'm 99% sure those will be his very words.  haha 
So I'm writing early today so I can try and get the tree DONE before my love gets home.  Surely 
the lights off in the house... and Christmas tree all pretty and twinkling...... such beautiful ambiance... he'll be happy.  He just knows me by now.... he'll envision me standing on 
the two stacked trunks trying to reach stuff out there... dangling from the rafters like a 60 year old chimpanzee.  I can just about guarantee he is gonna also ask, "Did you at least keep your phone on your person in case you fell?"  lolol   He really won't be mad mad.   His part as far as  Christmas decorating is: lights.  That's his thing.  That and 
building the stable out of palettes for the big nativity.  I can hardly wait for that. 
I know some of you are shaking your heads coz it's not even Thanksgiving yet and 
here another person is putting up her tree.  What can I say... I was in the mood.  

Alright... onto gratitudes... 
Which by the way... I've been reading thee most awesome things about being grateful. 
Gratitude is a really good thing!
Even the little things... 
sometimes especially those!!!


Random gratitudes:

for our  health and that I still "can" climb up stacked trunks and 
hang from the shed loft 

for a honey who loves me

for this old farmhouse to decorate with decades old ornaments from Christmas past

for my love to banter with and the laughter that we always end up doing

this warm Autumn day

breathing it all in...

finding decorations my Momma gave me .... 

recognizing little pieces of her lately  in my face through the mirror 

poptarts for lunch (blueberry of course)

the new December insert book that came in the mail

finding  the manger and getting it scrubbed up 

for a new red bow

I sign off til tomorrow... 
the ole tree is calling and the clock is ticking

Until we meet again
<*)))><













 

1 comment:

Jean said...

It's hard to believe we are almost at the end of the month already.

You have been busy today. The puppies will be amazed to see their first tree.!!

Lots of twinkling lights.