Saturday, October 23, 2021

Whispering Thank You

It's hard to know where to begin? 
Life happens....  and these moments are being poured 
into all our cups and hearts.  

These past few months have been full of ups and downs as I'm 
sure it has been for most of you too.  
We grieve deep losses... and said two hard goodbyes until 
...we see our loved ones again one day. 
We miss them.  

Myguy and I  talked the other night about "the missing."  
We both agree that part of coping with our grief  ... is giving thanks for what we had and 
still have.   
We are  blessed and 
God is good.    

After attending two funerals
 we had a great celebration soon before us.  
Our prayers were answered when our youngest Son 
and his beloved 
were wed.  
 
This celebration was truly a great gift to us all.  
It was such a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding and 
these two hearts are now united as One.  
(....Whispering,  "Thank you Lord")

This is the snapshot of two very 
happy parents.  
Years of prayers were answered this day.
(whispering together....." thankyou.")  

I didn't ask permission from everyone to share photos so that will be all the 
wedding photos for now.  We were 
so happy that Mike's Mom and a dear Aunt and Uncle were able to come
from SD.  
The time we spent together that weekend was something I will forever cherish. 
.....whispering "thankyou."   

Since then, life has rolled on .... and many sweet moments 
like this;  have been found.  
(whispering ... "thank you.")

It doesn't seem so long ago that we wondered 
if we'd ever be grandparents?  
And now this girl so full of life 
reaches out to hold my hand.
(whispering... "thankyou.")

While my Mil was visiting she gifted me this cup. 
Moments like this is how I start my day.
(whispering.... " thank you.")


It never fails just when you least expect it 
something like this around here happens. 
How can I not smile?
Are you smiling??????
(whispering...."thank you.")

These ordinary days ... 
rain... purrs.... warmth.
(whispering.... "thank you." )

When Addie and Francois died... I couldn't imagine ever feeling 
anything like this again... and yet here we are... 
my new sweet companeros.  
(whispering... "thank you.")

Long walks ... intentional walks with my hiking buddy.
(whispering ... "thank you.")

This afternoon I realized the raspberries are fruiting again.  
(whispering.... "thank you... ")

And filling books with words and watercolor... 
and sharing it here tonight with all of you...at this Shabby Olde Potting Shed...
(whispering... "thank you...") 

Until we meet again, 
<*)))><
























2 comments:

Debra said...

Lovely, lovely...Thank you!

Jean said...

Good day Lea and thank you for sharing your days....the pics are so special and I can see your hedgerows are giving you a beautiful harvest...Praise Our Lord..


Sending kindest thoughts from across the pond dear friend. <)))><