Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Hello September


Saying goodbye to August is something I look forward to every year.  
If you live in the South you probably understand.  
September is welcomed and with that I long for crisper days.  

My garden is on it's own.  
This time of year it's neglected.  Weeds get to have their way...
My flower beds look sad.  
The salvia was long and spilling out of it's borders ... 
it looked unhealthy like it needed a fresh cut to trim away split ends. 
I got the nerve to do it yesterday since a fellow gardengirl told me she 
thought it could take it.  The pile of hair lays waiting for a rake to pick 
it all up and toss in the compost pile.  The hot afternoon
kept me from finishing the job.  

Purple coneflowers are spent and dried so black prickly beautiful.  
A friend wants some seed so soon an envelope of it will head to 
Somewhere, Pennsylvania.  
I love sharing seed.  
To plant  a tiny dried seed and watch it grow into a 
lovely bloom is so satisfying and sharing 
it's splendor is good for this soul.  

The tomato vines are loaded still with juliets  and even the chickens
seem to be tired of the over ripe abundance.  
I sliced up a few and made a creamy salad with the last cucumber.
The skins were hard and most were scraped back into the garbage bowl after dinner. 
The end of it all is done except for saving more seed and 
cleanup.   

Volunteer morning glories are climbing every hoe, shovel, and shrub it can find.  
Morning chores are prettier because of them.  

Dragonflies are everywhere.  
This one found me in the garden and rested awhile right here and also
on my Mommas peony bed.  
Coincidence? 
I don't think so. 

Thumbing through the last of August pages... I felt heavy hearted.  
I try to document what is happening in the world and I can't help but feel 
the heart ache. It has often kept me awake at night.   I think of those left behind the most and I don't understand.
I write it all.  The highs and the lows and the life in between.  

There are goals  I've not accomplished.  Things left unfinished and I'm not where I want to be.  
Wisdom from my friend:  Lea we all have some thing. 
 She knows my struggles.
Well; some of them. 

My wod  friend chose the word  endurance today.  
As I turned the page in my calendar and 
started anew... this verse came to mind.  

I leave it here with you. 
#sharethelove

Until we meet again
<*)))><








 

1 comment:

Paula said...

You painted an accurate word picture of what is happening up here in our neck of the woods. The season has turned and the nights are getting cooler. We are coming into the dark, and soon it will be dark at 4:30 pm!!!! Sweater weather, brisk fall leaf raking, putting the figs trees to bed with a cozy layer of maple leaves, and all things pumpkin!!! Enjoy your fall dear friend!! Sending love and blessings. Paula