Monday, October 25, 2021

Keep It Simple




Hey friends, 
Thought I'd share a few photos while splurging on a big steamy cup of 
coffee with pumpkin spice creamer.  Coffee time is runnin a little late today; Myguy 
is going to actually be home half ways early tonight so I'll keep this kinda short.  I made tater tot hotdish and 
this is night two for it so I don't have to cook. That helps.  

We had storms roll across Arkansas last night.  As they got closer Daisy and 
I went for a walk to watch the clouds.  They were kinda wild lookin.   

This one was crazy beautiful.  
I texted it to my neighbor next door and she said, 
"I see a buffalo!"  ha!
I see a white buffalo head too don't you?  
Thankfully it didn't get real bad at our house.  
Just rained hard and blew .... no hail no tornado.  
Myguy asked me if I got scared. 
I really didn't.  Shrugged my shoulders and said,
"If I perish, I perish." 

Since we got some rain, 
 I was kinda anxious to go walkin through the woods to see 
what all I could see.  I check a deer rub, and around a spring too for tracks.  This past week I saw a big, beautiful coyote in the back pasture.  
Anyways, I  love when it's real wet and you can walk quietly even over leaves. Never know
what you might walk up on.  To be quiet I didn't take any dogs... just my gun. 
That was my plan.

Til she showed up.
Meow. 
Meow...
meowwwwwwww... 
She talked  thee entire way.  
Never saw any wildlife at all.  
Thanks, Quill ya dang jabberbox.

Here's a few shots of things I did however enjoy.
What a beautiful day.  

When I fed the ponies their hay they 
too were a kodak moment.  
And guess what?  They're starting to get their little, brown, winter coats!  


With the slightly cooler temperatures our flowers have started 
blooming again.  Roses love Octobers here. 


Last I'll share a couple pages of painted flowers.  
I mentioned that a friend of mine does flower pages with me and we 
take turns sharing a word every other day.  
I chose follow because of Jesus saying, "Follow Me." 

She chose the word "simple" and it feels so very anointed to me.  
It keeps being repeated over and over 
and over and over in all it's various forms. 
Magazines, devotionals, bible study, ,,,,,--

I don't think my friend knew  it but ten days before she chose the word,  my dear Aunt 
bought this box for me when she visited from SD.  
It's one of those things that ... you just know is the tip of an iceberg for you.  
Know what I mean?  
So I'm watching and listening.  
?????

That said; let's keep it simple and sign off ... 
Isn't that a beautiful phrase?  Keep it simple. 

Until we meet again,
<*)))><














 

4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh I would love a cup of coffee with that pumpkin spice creamer. Sounds like a wonderful treat. Your photos and watercolor flowers are just lovely...Quill certainly knows how to keep someone from hunting. Bless her pea-picken heart😊

Jean said...

When I scrolled down and saw the picture I saw a white cow's face and then I read your words....yay!!! a buffalo. Isn't it cool.

I love that you have roses in October. Thank you for sharing. It is raining here too...lots and lots of puddles....wellies on again!!!

Blessings and Joy

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Debbie! Wish I could make you a cup and chat a spell. Thanks for the encouragement painting.. and yes Quill needs to get put inside next time I go to the woods. I only shoot wildlife with my camera but still she definitely lets everyone know we're coming. lol Have a great day, Lea

Leaon Mary said...

Hey Jean, You saw a cow in the clouds... haha crazy how we can find images in them isn't it? Was a fun childhood pastime! Hope you get to dry out your wellies soon! Lea