Monday, June 28, 2021

Monday Morning Ramblings

Happy Monday and hello from the Shed!
Daisy n I tried to have a lil photo shoot this morning. 
Her flowers wouldn't stay put...and just 
didn't look cute in her collar like I so envisioned...
We tried and tried...

She just kept shaking her head and eating them.  
What are ya gonna do?  
It's okay Daisy... 
Least you have good taste.  

She loves flowers... 
This weekend I managed this photo of her smelling some blackeyed susies.  
I got one decent shot before she started picking them ....
I mean biting them.  
Oh Daisy Doodle
She did make the cover for my July planner.  
It's just hard to believe it's the end of June.  
Time... where does it go?  
The older we get the faster it goes I swear. 
Don't we say that every month?  

I've been dreaming about goals.  
Some of them in  my planner tends to get 
re-added every month like bullet journaling.  
Only because I'm either not finished or 
.... let's just be honest... I fizzled out.  
That's too sweet a way to put that.  
 failure.  
Big fat F

The month of June's bracelet for 99 walks 
is supposed to say 
Live 
Limitless.  
I sort of liked it and hated it all at once.  
I set my goal of 30 miles on June 1 and wondered 
will I do that?  
Part of me didn't even care if I didn't because it was the same part that didn't like
the phrase Live Limitless -- 
Because I have some physical limits.  
This hip.  Haven't gotten another shot in a good while and there have been 
days I could beg for one.  My Doc would give me one any time now but 
man I don't want to live on shots if I can help it.  
I know 30 miles isn't much in a month because we walk wayyyy more than that- 
just look on your fitbit if you wear one.  Your steps add up like crazy but 
this is besides that.  Or ontop of that if you will.  This is being intentional to 
go for a walk.  So that's 30 extra miles in my case.  Basically a mile a day.  
Where I walk it's up and down alot.  I even go through a little hollar.  It's a good lil jaunt for an old gray mare.  
Anyways... goal completed. The way they put it sounds much better:  crushed!   Now I need a new goal for July. 
I'm keeping it about the same 25 or 30 miles  and adding something new.  
Because I made this one... I've decided to be as intentional to lose the extra 
weight I've gained.  My friend Debbie says she believed in me awhile back and then 
I fizzled out and gained it back.  Maybe someone else relates?  I love food.  
I love me some bread.  I love some butter.  Peanut butter, ...I love cheese.  
God help me.  
Myguy ... he's no help at all.  
Tall, fit... and he feeds me ice cream all the time.  
He was leaving the other morning and said "Hey, I'll bring you back an apple fritter." 
I said.... "Thanks but NoOoOOOOOOo  I'm going on a DIET."  
When he got back, I found not one apple fritter on the counter 
but two from my favorite bakery.  He doesn't do fritters- there's no meat in them so 
they were both for me.  
Yes by the end of the day I ate one. ( Shut it! .... don't say it!) 
I've beat my own self up over it.  
 I need some major self control.  
It 
was
dellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
sigh.... Back to goals.  
Here I am at the Shed and saying out loud... 
Ten pounds is fixin to be gone. 
I bet someone just clicked away. 
Because that was me if I didn't want to hear anything about losing weight. 
click. I'm gone.  Gimme a cookie.  Leave the bag. 
See... there's a problem. haha  

Before I leave I thought I'd share some photos 
from my walk and garden check today.  

As I walked the fencelines... I poked my stick in this wild rosebush and spotted a nest.
Look!!!  It's a mockingbird nest with eggs! 
I saw Momma... so I do know it's a mockingbird.  
Are her eggs not gorgeous!???  
I'll stick my head in there again in a couple days... and 
take pics when the babies hatch.  

These hatched too! 
My friend told me that when your succulents break off to just drop them ontop of a pot of soil. 
Give them a lil drink now and then and 
lookie!  Another nest of babies.  

Baby cucumbers hatched too.  
I planted more the other day because they'll be my new potato chips.  
I'm trying not to mourn the  loss of my cheetos.  
Cucumbers will be crunch factor with a samich.  
Don't mind all the wire... just trying to protect these guys from chickybockers.  

And here... the bread poppy seeds are getting plump too. 
I do look forward to using them in bread.  
Sourdough bread will never be forbidden.  
There are things we just  cannot go without.  
coffee and bread are important.  
It's my rule.  

Back to flowers... see I did title this rambles for a reason-
... the forget me nots are bloomin.  
I used them to make today's scripture picture.   
Feel free to use and share it. 

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.  
I needed that.  Maybe you do too.  

So long from me and Goldilocks here.  
Until we meet again.
<*)))><







 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Enjoy your walks Lea and thank you for sharing the beauty around you in your everyday. Thank you to Miss Daisy for the sweet flowers....a beautiful journal to begin a new month....


God Bless