Thursday, February 18, 2021

Snow Days

We woke yesterday to a little more snow... but not as much as 
the weather man predicted.  But all morning long snowflakes fell and 
it was soooo  pretty.  

One of my favorite things is out walking along the woods and 
seeing all the tracks.  There's  so much that goes on that we don't 
get to see.  


It's supposed to start warming  all week.  
I think these guys are ready. 
Just one more night below 10.  
Little Blue's definitely ready to get out of his little stall.   

I know for so many of you who live this way  months on end it probably gets real old.
But the sounds of snow crunching under my boots; well... it's been 
so long since I've got to hear and experience this. I've really enjoyed it! 
I feel so fortunate to have warm winter clothes too.  
I was a little worried the old bib coveralls wouldn't fit anymore
but thankfully they do.  Snuggly. lol --  ( proof the breads been pretty good)

I'm relishing in every lil bit of this  
before it's all gone. 
It's melting as we speak. 

This snow takes me  back 
to  ice skating every day after school 
with Susie.  Driving snowmobiles and ice fishing.  The sounds of cracking ice
when you drive cars across the lake.  
The swoosh of snowpants and frozen toes inside bread bag
lined boots.  Scooping out igloos and going inside for  hot tomato soup 
with crushed saltines and grilled cheese sandwiches. 
...How come so many of my memories  seem to start and end
 with bread?

They just do... and 
here is the newest loaf. 
Sourdough chocolate cherry bread.  
Slightly crusty on the outside... and inside... those chewy dried cherries...
ohhhhman.  Chocolate chips too so it's kind of ooey n gooey. 
Next loaf, I'm gonna omit the chocolate chips and do an extra cup 
of dried cherries instead.  I like the cocoa powder in the bread,
but not the extra chocolate chips... 
Most people probably would though.  

My new favorite coffee goes well with this bread.   
I like it extra strong... 
with a splash of fatfree milk and stevia.  
What's not to love about a good coffee that 
helps dogs.   

Our little Rosie has figured out she can fit through the new gate 
and get into the rest of the house.  So now we have a wooden  baby gate 
dog collared to the other gate.  Funny what all you go through with any kind 
of baby in the house. 
They're worth it though. 

Until we meet again,
<*)))><
 




 

No comments: