Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Record Lows and Beautiful Snowfall

Hi friends, 
What a beautiful week it has been!  We haven't seen snow like this in so long. 
Preparing ahead of time for the cold helped so much because we've seen record lows.
This morning it was minus 7! Crazycrazy cold for Arkansas. 

After getting the donkeys caught and everyone in the pen at the barn I noticed something.
Blue; Blakelea's pony decided the barn was all his.  
I stood back and watched and this little brat would run and bite anyone who dared to come 
even near the entrance to the barn.  He just stood in the doorway out of the wind 
while everyone else had to stand out in the blowing cold and snow.  
There is always a bully in the crowd isn't there? 
 I don't understand why one of them won't stand up to him and knock him on
his little can.  
Until the weather lets up he's incarcerated.  
Kinda stinks  because now I have to haul water to him in a bucket 
and of course it freezes so quick.  
It's worth it though... 



so the rest of the gang can have a dry place to be.  

So far... they're doing okay and tonight it's gonna be around 20 degrees warmer than 
this morning.  

Saturday morning I woke to my phone buzzing... 
the lady with our corgi was taking them in for their 6 week shots 
and wanted to know if we wanted to get her that morning. 
Wasn't quite ready because the pet gates hadn't gotten put up yet.
Amazon had only delivered one so far but Mike was home and he got the one put up and 
cut some plywood for the other doorway until the new gate comes.  

So look who is home!!!  
She's so yummy I could just eat her all up.  

We're a family!


She mostly lives in our kitchen and after all this bad weather I'll start potty training her. 
---She sleeps in the cutest positions and that little booty... omg... 
My camera roll ... well you can imagine. 

--She loves playing in the nook... I think it's all that fur. 
Been spending a lot of time in the there bird watching with all this snow. 
And more is coming tonight!!!!

It's been fun bundling up and taking photos of things 
I don't normally get to.  
Even our long underwear.  

I love snow. 

I better sign off.  
It's breakfast for supper tonight. 
I also had another first today: 
sourdough chocolate cherry bread.  
It's proofing in the fridge overnight. 
It's my first time to stretch n pull dough...
We'll see how that went tomorrow??  
 
Until we meet again,
<*)))><
 







 

2 comments:

Jean said...

Sending warmest wishes to you all.. beautiful pictures of everyone keeping snug.

Welcome home to thee cutest puppy dog. I love the pics in the nook.....sweet as pie!!!. Lots of cuddles...yay!!!

Thank you for sharing your days and Blessings....

Debbie Nolan said...

Just catching up on your posts...had to read about your new addition...she is going to be your next best friend I am certain :)! It is Mar. 6th as I am reading about your weather in Feb. Ours was tough and am hoping March is bringing us spring.