Friday, October 2, 2020

Like Spaghetti

 


Morning came earlier once again. 
Like an inner alarm clock went off but in silence; 
glancing at the digital numbers on my nightstand  it was the same time 
as the night before.  
Time for more coffee and
more  Jesus. 
I guess it doesn't matter the why's ...
only  follow.
And  follow through.  

Writing out morning pages was like spaghetti.  
One noodle of thought intermingling with the 
so many other noodles . A big, beautiful, messy plateful.  
 None of it made perfect sense at the moment 
and yet somehow 
it began to.  

Gratitude. 
Grace.
Love. More. 
No audience. 
No competition.
No worry. 
Obey. 

But God, what I will to do
I don't.
And what I hate..
I do.

Beating this chest in sorrow...
O God be merciful to me, a sinner. 

To return is like tomato sauce. 
And I know then that  it's  all in the sauce.  
And it's so good. 

Closing the pages... and living word 
Grace sopped everything up like delicious bread. 
Now it makes perfect
  sense.
Return and keep returning. 
Today.  
Live Thankful. 







4 comments:

Artful Gathering said...

Tomato Sauce

Jean said...

Lea you have such a gift, the way you write....you really should write a Devotional.
"What I will to do I don't and what I hate I do" I so get that....

Thank you for sharing.

Sending hugs across the miles...<*)))><

Debbie Nolan said...

Lea - lovely analogy. Yes grace - wonderful grace - God's grace! Have a good weekend friend. Hugs!

Leaon Mary said...

Dawn... tomato sauce tomato sauce tomato sauce... return return return... I shall never forget! Dots?
Hi Jeanie... Thank you for your encouragement! That verse.. I so get it too! What I will to do I don’t and what I hate, I do.
Thank you for the hug!!!
Hi Debbie, Is not the word grace the most delicious word other than love. Times when I’ve so needed some grace .. and it was given.. was everything! Hope you had a great weekend too.. I can’t get over how time is flying... I cannot keep up and the moments are fleeting