Sunday, October 25, 2020

It made sense

 I saw love in a man's desire to go an extra mile for someone 
who had a critical deadline.
I heard laughter ... the chuckling kind in my fun neighbor's  tossed head back joyfulness. 
I felt relief when my hero pulled up armed with tools to rescue me. once. again! 
I smelled memories return with the baking of panfuls  of oatmeal raisin cookies,
and chocolate chip.
I tasted  love offerings ... his gifts of apple fritters that keep going straight to these thick thighs.
I felt the softness of Blakelea's baby fine hair while I brushed out tangles and she squirmed.
I saw a beautiful doe's graceful leap over barbwire like the cow who jumped over the moon.
I heard Spirit's  12:00 noontime bray... the eee-awww  you could set your clock by. 
I smelled sweet floral perfume burying my nose - in the fluffy October blossoms
I tasted the bitterness of judgement and felt the sting of disparaging. :More lessons hard-learned.
I saw His living word speak loudly and could hear God Almighty's voice through the scriptures.  
I smelled fresh eucalyptus in my wax burner and could breath in deeper.  
I tasted love through salty tears when I read a conversation between my son and another about racism and how he wasn't raised that way.
I felt this rickety hip pain lessen a little thanks to my man always knowing right where it aches.
I saw a stranger's complete surprise when I took her cart for her along with my own to the cart corral. 
I listened hard to a wise friend yesterday who said Lea, just let. it. go.  -aint worth it.  I also got to feel her warm in real life hug. 
I smelled smoke when I saw horrifying pictures of the wildfires in Colorado and prayed for a friend.
I tasted candycane when Blakelea colored my lips (wayyy outside of the lines)  with old chapstick.
I felt the loss of some dignity when I tripped  out of the potting shed and landed on my hands and knees with my man a front row witness. omgoodness
I saw fear on his face as he helped me up and heard him frantically ask if I was okay and me laugh til I nearly wet my britches. 
I heard my phone ring with a warning "that husky is back again to kill your chickens!"
I felt my lungs burning as I ran ... then  wogged through forty acres of woods  to get home and save my chickens. 
I saw piles of feathers again.. and caught the dog red handed and put him in a pen. 
I heard him howl wanting out and scratching trying to escape and smelled theee worst dead animal stink ... he must have rolled in something- probably  deadchicken.
I tasted anger because people move out here and then just turn all their dogs loose to roam the countryside and get in all sorts of trouble. 
I felt the pounding in my chest when faced with confrontation with a neighbor then the relief when his x girlfriend said she'd come get her dog. 
and... Right now I see my empty coffee cup and can hear the furnace rumbling out warm air.  
I smell an apple cider donuts candle on this new desk that took Myguy hours to put together.  Bless his lovinheart. 
I hope to taste breakfast for supper tonight.  sausage, eggs, hashbrowns biscuits and gravy. One of Myguy's favorite suppers: breakfast.
I look forward to his warm embrace because he's been out of town and is 
headed back home to me.  

What can  you see, hear, smell, taste and touch today? 
















 

2 comments:

Jean said...

What a day Lea, I remember you had a problem before when a dog was running loose, what a horrible thing to happen to the chickens and for you to come home to find.

My hubby also loves apple fritters, reminds me of a little local restaurant we used to go to when it was a birthday or anniversary and he always had the apple fritters for dessert. Unfortunately the restaurant is closed now.

I too have wax melt burning, I was able to find vegan wax melts and it's banana scented. Yay!! I am having a peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch mmmm….

Aww a donkey brae....just blesses your heart.

Blessing and Joy

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Jeanie.. yeah that dog problem was bad! And the neighbor called again this week said they ran a german shepherd away from their coop and it went towards the road... which is our way. I havent seen it but another neighbor spotted it up the road further. Oh man I hope it doesnt come kill chickens over here. All the neighbors think its a drop off. Poor thing!

Cheers to apple fritters. Ohmgosh they are soo good. Just discovered that our Mcdonalds has them now too. Ohoh. If my rear gets any bigger Im gonna have to get bigger britches. haha

Didn't know they sell vegan wax! Honestly didnt think of the wax having animal in it but I spose it does. I'm gonna look on the ingredients.
Have a great day! L