Thursday, October 15, 2020

A Few Flea Finds From Missouri

 

Hey friends,
Thought I'd share a few beauties I found someplace in Joplin.  
Three more cobalt bluies for the windowsills in the greenhouse; and 
only a buck a piece! 


And this glorious amber--is my favorite.

Those ribs. Those marks. Marred, scarred yet 

fabulous. I can already envision it  with pretty fleurs can't you?

It's true: One persons trash is another's treasure.  I wonder how many people walked past this bottle and thought "Who would ever want that?"    It's old. Decrepit. Dirty. -- Someone who sees it's beauty and usefulness that's who.   

Then I happened on 
ephemera bank papers from 1919 
to use for collage papers. Don't you love the name Eulah A. Sullivan?


This arithmetic book from 1872- 
I think it's the only old school book I have full of numbers 
to use for art.  

Inside is this beautiful fountain pen lettering. 

This old composition book with such a pretty autumnal colored cover.

It's chock full of music lessons.  

A wonderful cash book from I think 1927

Full of penciled general store items and prices.
I adore graphite... this is a true treasure.

They're so fun to read through... but 
most of all I can't wait to actually start using  them.  
Ones like this I can feel precious about and want to just hoard. 
Guess I could always scan some pages and print those to  use.  But it's just not the same tho.  

Then this ledger which  is completely empty.  
It's landscaped size so it will definitely become an art journal- 
a place to just play and see what happens.

And here we are back to this bottle.  
Thought I'd sign off with a scripture picture using this 
sweet find. 

Until we meet again!
<*)))>< 





4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah those cobalt bottles are lovely. I have one on my shelf. Isn't the color blue the best?? I can't wait to see what you will create with the wonderful finds for collage work. Bet the ledger is interesting with pricing from times past. Well take care and happy art making. P.S. I love the last photo of the bottle that was such a great find. Hugs!

Jean said...

Good day Lea,

cobalt blue is a good colour, the bottles are a good find and all your journaling books too....I just bought a cobalt blue coat for the winter!!

Glad you are looking forward to having some art time to yourself.

Blessings

<*(((><

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear friend I posted a comment the other day but for some reason it didn't get to you. Hope this one does. Yes I love those cobalt blue bottles. I have one myself. Can see why you would not have passed up the last treasure too. Have fun with creating collages with those old gems too. Hugs!

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Debbie! I bet we both like alot of the same things... do you ever paint on old book pages? Hi Jeanie.. I hope I get to see your cobalt blue coat soon! Take a selfie next time you wear it and write me on whatsapp I cant wait to see!!!