Thursday, July 9, 2020

When You Can't Find The Thing...

 Hi friends, 
Do you ever put something in a safe place but then you forget where 
your safe place was?  

The other day I shared one of these saints medals I'd just received and 
while looking through this tiny bowl of them, I held 

 this one and wondered about it's story.  
Notice the date: 1830? 
Hard to fathom it's almost 200 years old.  
Imagine the souls who carried it.  
As I looked at it I remembered that when I got them,
there was an old cross with them.  I had strung it on 
a traveler's notebook I'd made so I went to the cupboard to find it.
I found the tn but the cross I wanted to see was not there and instead there was 
a different one.  ?  What did I do with that cross medal?  
The search began. I looked everywhere and just could not find the thing.  
I started to think maybe I gave it away?  Mayyybe I made something for someone and 
attached it??  That's when the lightbulb flickered and I wondered about my art journals.
??? hmmmm.... 
 Finally I found it attached to a page.  
Safe and secure.  
 It looks really old too but there's no date.  
 Still; I wonder if it's also from the 1800's.  
I tried to find another like it online.. but nothing looks this old.  
Think I'll hunt a few more medals and make a charm bracelet.  
This one is staying right here though.  
You know;... in it's  safe place.  

 Well it's almost been a week since Addie's been gone.  
Francy is really mopin around.  The biggest thing I've noticed is 
he often won't come with me when I go outdoors.  
I hold the door open for him and ask him if he want's to go... and he just
stares at me.  Most of the time I have to just close the door and go without him.  
 Last evening I thought I'd just walk to  the pond, so I got him 
out with me and I stood at the gate; opened it... and called:
and this is was his response.  He wouldn't budge.  
I practically begged him.  
But nope... 
I sure hope he snaps out of it and will be okay.   
For me; it's been one thing missin ole Addie... but 
now I'm missin Francois too.  

This evening I'm on yet another search for something I put up 
for safe keeping.  Good grief huh?  Think I'd lose my head if it 
wasn't attached.  After my friend and mentor Cora passed away;  her sister
sent me her gouache paint.  I used it one time.  They are little tiny tubes 
and yall ... seriously I turned my little art porch upside down today lookin.  
We ended up having a rainy day here and rainy days and art journaling 
go hand in hand--  I so badly wanted to use her gouache today.  


Oh well.. instead I pulled out my other stuff and painted cards to use as tip ins. 
Eyes, flowers and started this gal...
 The whole time I thought of Mary of Bethany so maybe that's 
who she'll become.  If I can just find that gouache huh? 
When my Gram used to lose something she'd walk around the house and say,
"Lord lead me to it!"  
So I think that's what I'll be doin.. 
Alright Yall... it's past my bedtime. 
Sweet dreams... 
<*(((>< 
L. 

6 comments:

Jean said...

Small steps every day my dear....
A quote from one of your journals Lea! Such wise words I am thankful I came across them (I am sure I was meant to) ....I need to remember these words when I am anxious.

Francois is a darling boy . He will be grieving too. It hurts to see them hurting and we can't explain to them. I am glad you found the little cross and hope you find the paints! I always love your drawings and paintings, I think she will be Mary of Bethany!! Again, thank you for sharing your precious journaling. You have such a wonderful God given talent and are such a Blessing.

Sweet dreams Lea. <*(((><

Artful Gathering said...

I love your painting. Glad you found the medal. Hope you find the gouache.

Leaon Mary said...

small steps every day my dear Jean! Yes I love that!!!
Thanks for your encouragements Jean... your friendship is such a gift to me!

Leaon Mary said...

Dawn... thankyou! I still haven't found the gouache... I know I put it somewhere... I mean where on earth? ohhhh man I just thought of someplace. lol You know how it is... I know coz we've talked about this! haha

Debra said...

I so love your painting! All of it!!! You have inspired me to start journaling too.

Leaon Mary said...

HI Debra! Thank you so much! I'm soooooo excited that you want to start journaling!!!!