Thursday, June 4, 2020

Getting Re-focused and A Love Letter In The Sky...

 Hi friends,
Today I played catch up in the Ecclesiastes study.  
I'd left a lesson unwritten in because I just didn't know how to process it.  
Then.. it bugged me that I left it blank so had to return and think longer on it.  
Ecc is sure challenging for me.  
 Then I spent time rethinking goals for June.  
This was before the pen... you know when you're settin there wrestling with what you 
didn't accomplish last month and know it has to be carried over into this month. 
Only now; you know you gotta get serious about it.  
Still thinking about our souls.. and the parts of them is how I section my goals.  Body, Mind Spirit.
Body:  Those exercises Doc said I need to keep doing for this bursitis and bulging disc.  
Today I decided.  It all starts with that doesn't it?  You get to choose whether or not this is going to be the thing you do.  Yes or no.  I chose yes.  And even wrote it down.  Keeping a record of it... feels good to check it off when I actually did the thing.  I know... seems crazy but grabbing that fountain pen and making the mark... just feels right.  :) 
Reading my bible ... daily... is like breath now.  It's number one under the Spirit section.  
It can't be skipped.  Praying too.  
Reading, podcasts, learning... those all go under the Mind section. 
I did finish the audio book A River Runs Through It.  It wasn't like I had remembered seeing so long ago.  I guess things have changed or  maybe I have.. 
The fishing parts and preacher father parts were good... but the rest... 
for me... not so much.  
Time to get another audio book. 
I love being read to while I work. 
Podcasts too.. .

Before I sign off I have to share something beautiful.  
Last night after my walk... I... went to the pond to you know.. dip a worm.  
It was completely enjoyable... listening to praise n worship music... and I was so taken 
with the reflection of the big moon on the water.  ... but then ... yall ready for this?....
I happened to turn around and look uP.  
I don't know what you see... but I know what I see.  
I see a beautiful angel. 
 With the most lit uP heart in her hair.  Shining like a beacon. 
Praying hands and all.  Surely that's a wing above her.  
I stood there in awe.  
You're welcome to  the photo if it speaks to you.  
And to the next picture as well ...  
 A scripture picture using the little bottles of flowers
 above the prayer bench. 

The scripture is from my Ecclesiastes study  
from me to you... 
Until we meet again,
<*(((><

3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Mary your photo is breathtakingly and I see your Angel too. As for Ecclesiastes it is certainly a great book to ponder. I have to think Solomon wrote it before he got entangled with his pagan wives. Have always loved the third chapter of this book. Love your wonderful sketch too. Have a blessed day.

Jean said...

Good morning Lea, I have to admit that I have not studied the book of Ecclesiastes but I love that you are studying through it.

I know what you mean about the goals!! It's about taking each day isn't it and trying to do our best in God's strength especially through this challenging time.

I spy a little corgi lying on the grass and it makes me happy....
Thank you for sharing the beautiful picture of the angel...isn't that amazing and the bright shining wing....you just captured that message in the clouds at the perfect time!!

Thank you for sharing your day.

Blessing and Joy <*(((><

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Debbie, I agree with you about Solomon! Yes I think his 700 wives and 300 concubines must have taken up quite a bit of time. lol Thankyou for visiting and your kind words! Lea