Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Creating A Sacred Space... At The Shabby Olde Potting Shed

 Hi friends!
I've been literally melting in the greenhouse.  
It's a scorcher in there but I thought yall might like to see how I made room for 
this prayer kneeler.  I referred to it the other day as an altar and I'm not sure if that's what it's actually called.  At any rate... it went into the greenhouse. 

 I vacuumed the whole thing out yesterday and it was a wreck.  
Got all those weeds that grew up in all the paver cracks out.  Didn't see any critters; not even a tree frog.  (You just never know around here.)  Once the bench was inside... all I could see around it was the dirty windows... so got to scrubbin on those.  

 Then I hung this cross on a nail.  A special friend gave it to me a few years back.  
Don't mind the dirty roof above it.  Myguy actually cut back a whole bunch of wisteria up there.
Hopefully the next rains will wash the roof.  .  There were so many wisteria blossoms on the roof this year and the vines were shading this space too much.  Anyways... next...
 I found the chalkboard and wrote this on it.  
Usually we say hallelujah but reading the Catholic bible and listening to masses they say it like this.  
It's  a beautiful word isn't it?  It was written with all my heart.  
 Then I started setting some little flowerpots  around.  
Just got these a couple days ago.  I love the dainty blue flowers.  
 Then I hung this leaded glass cross as well.  
 Then I scrubbed this.  Does anyone know anything about this print?
I have searched and cannot find anything... nor did I see another like it.  
 Got my little birdcage straightened  and  it's 
hanging near my scripture to focus on.

 And  here is my little prayer kneeler ... with a few flowers here and there. 
It fits just right  and 
gives me space to pause and just be with the Lord.  
I love the cross in the center of it's wood.  
I also cleaned some bottles and added some fleurs and berries.  
 Here is the little potters table in there just in case you wanted to see the whole room. 
The rabbit belonged to my Momma so is very special to me.  
 And I got the other table all cleaned up.  I have quite a few things that need 
potted.  
 And I grabbed this pack of basil last trip to town.  
The verse on top is a favorite.  
 I had to share this side of the table in my little work area. 
See the long viney plant?  That is my beloved creeping charlie.  
I love these plants so much and they wintered over for me!  
If you've never tried it ... see if your greenhouse has it.  
Don't think you'll be disappointed.  It grows really well and the leaves are lovely.  

 I had to share Sir Wisdom in this post.  
After reading Ecclesiastes... I'm renaming him Sir Wisdom Solomon.  
 Putting things inside the other part of the potting shed, I discovered this!  
I had forgotten that I had this "thy prayer closet sign."
I made it a long time ago and it will probably come into this space too. 
 It's been leaning against that window over there for so long ... and I'm 
so happy to have found it again.  
So I still have to find a good place for it.  
I also found this in there.  I need to make a hanger for it somehow.  
Probably out of wire and beads.  So that will be another little project.  
I'd like to hang it on a nail and put a battery operated candle in it for night time.  
So that is it.... my sacred little place to be.  
Early mornings and evenings are the coolest so I look forward to 
spending time there.  I've already broke it in pretty good.  

It's about to storm here now.  
Thundering quite a bit.  When it stops I'm going to tackle this....

 This zebrina patch has something wrong with it.  Plus the typewriter is behind it somewhere. lol
I'm cutting it to the ground and burning the tops.  I don't know why it did this.  
It will likely grow back from the root... but we'll see.  
Well thanks for visiting the olde shed today.  
Until we meet again,
<*(((><

4 comments:

Tonita said...

What a perfect spot for your prayer bench. I also have a vintage wooden prayer bench that is a different style. I have it right on the side of my bed. My large breed dogs put their front paws on it in the mornings, stretch to reach my face and plant kisses on mw and also to let me know they are ready to go outside. Then I remind them that they should pray to be good dogs that day...lol. Your prayer closet / greenhouse is so charming and peaceful. May you enter into the deep places of God as you dwell in that space. Blessings.

Terra said...

You have created a lovely prayer area, I like all of your pretty artistic touches.

Jean said...

Good morning Lea, you have been busy creating a sacred space. I love how the prayer kneeler has fitted in so well. It is all coming together and will be thee most special place for you and your quiet times with our Lord.

In the Church of Scotland we sing Allelujah - a hymn that comes to mind is the Easter hymn, "Jesus Christ is risen today Allelujah" We sing Allelujah at the end of each line of the hymn.

I like your creeping Charlie plant, it is similar to one we have here and called string of hearts! It is just such a beautiful place you have created and it is a Blessing to see the pictures and the work you have done. Hope that old thunder passes by quickly and you can get out in the garden again.

Thank you for sharing, it has been such a joy to come visit you at the shed.

God Bless You and Keep You. <*(((><

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Tonita ... I think it's awesome that you have a prayer bench next to your bed... How cute that your furbabies use it to tell Momma wakey wakey... let's go outside. lol
Thankyou for the blessing for me!

Thank you Terra for the encouragement!!

Thank you Jeanie... Thanks for sharing your allelujah... that is yet another spelling I'd not seen. The string of hearts sounds beautiful and I'll look it up!
Thank you for the blessing... and visit! <*(((>< It took me three tries to make the fish symbol this morning... I need coffee lol