Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Daily Joy and Documenting Gratitudes


Joy does not simply happen to us. 
We  have to choose joy and keep choosing 
it every day.  
Henri Nouwen 

I love that quote by Henri Nouwen. 
I think in choosing it; we have to also notice more as well.  
Maybe in the same way as finding joy in 
even small things.  
Or especially small things. 
Like the crow feather I found on my walk.  
This beautiful little treasure in my path.  
A silly thing overlooked by some; 
but to me; beautiful.  
 
Journaling has been a part of my life for many years now.  
Documenting the big things... the little things... 
It's almost a given that when I put them in some form on paper;
that gratitude .... bubbles out.  
Sometimes and most times into a heartfelt prayer.  

So today; thumbing through my written journal on this simple Tuesday with joy...
a few
random gratitudes... 

a new journal:  the common planner

an olde shed abloom.
Peonies to take to my Momma's grave.

New trails hiked together. 


sitting above the Sphynx together.
Made it  by 2:00
JUST MARRIED 40 years ago.  

Getting a boost... 
and how he has lifted  me uP for decades.  
My best friend.   

New adventures.... 

beautiful blue eyes....

stargazing in the back of an olde Chevy

a walk after supper




so much joy
chosen.


I sign off with a scripture picture out of Jeremiah.
You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me with all your heart. 

Until we meet again,
<*))))><










 


 

2 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh what a lovely and joyful post. When I visit you I am certainly choosing Joy. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. May your days be filled with His Delight. Hugs!

Jean said...

Love your gratitude posts, your adventures and photos and sweet treasure of every day. Always uplifting.

God Bless