Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Art Journaling During Advent

Hey friends, 

It was a busy weekend for us- we had our grandgirl the whole 
time so I got abit behind on a few things and have spent 
today trying to catch up.  It was such a wonderful weekend though.  
My heart is so full.  

So in our pasture we have a wild cherry tree that was hit several years ago by
lightning.  It now has a huge hole in it and Blake is just sure it has a gnome in it.  
Of course we may have (ahem*) egged it on quite abit too. --It's been fun for the last couple years 
with her wild imagination.  
This weekend she decorated it for Christmas.  She hung up tinsel and planted a cedar
branch at the entrance then decorated it with miniature ornies.  
It was great fun.  The prompt for our art journal was about the moon and encouraged us to look up 
at it often this season.  
Last night at dark I could see the tinsel sparkling and as I look up 
... I feel so much gratitude. 


Day two was about slowing down.  
It really clicked because I recently downloaded the Amen app and I just cannot get over 
how rushed I have let my life become.  
If I would have read that I wrote that a week ago I'd have shook my head
in disbelief.  No... I don't rush through... 
but I do.  When I started listening to that app ... 
well; if you've listened to it; you understand. 

this is the same page... just covered up ... 
and a new ..
intention set: slowing down when I pray.  
My word for this year was Presence and sitting in His Presence.. 
well... it's the twelfth month with this word and 
I'm just now really grasping it all.   

day three was: winter walk.  
I'm very blessed in that I get to take nature walks every day.  
Over the weekend Blake went out to feed the deer with us.  
The photo on the left was actually caught on one of the game cams. 
I will treasure it. 
I love nature so much.  Just being outdoors!!
There is so much to see and experience.  
So much beauty.   
The great Creator thought of everything and every moment 
out there is different.   


day four ... is supposed to be a letter to yourself.
Instead, I wrote a prayer.  
This was before the pen because it was something I 
didn't want to share.  

I'm still enjoying the prompts and lessons but 
since this is also my advent journal I felt it was okay to 
change it some.  

Today in my advent study book; I read the genealogy of 
Jesus.  I think I'll black gesso another page and write it out 
in white pen as well.  It's funny; as I read it outloud I stumbled over the names -
trying to pronounce them... but when I sing it as in "Matthew's Begats" I can. 
If you have never heard it... it's a song by Andrew Peterson.  

Speaking of songs... there's another added to my playlist. 
I'm sharing for those who might want to give it a listen. 
It's called Light of the World by 
We the Kingdom.

I better sign off for now.  
Until we meet again,
<*))))><













 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Love yoy journalling. Happy nature walks cosy in your red scarves .....hot chocolate days here. Lots of blessings.