Tuesday, July 6, 2021

July 4th Weekend and Gratitudes


I'm thankful I get to live in the United states of America.  
Land that I love.  
Thankful I get to stand  for this flag 
with my hand over my heart.  

Thankful for our health and for my family and  good friends. 

Thankful for this old farm and work and a place to call home.  

So thankful for our lil punkin who came to spend the night with 
Papa and ole Grammy. 

For time off from work and an evening spent with coworkers that 
we get to call friends.  

For a safe celebration at our kids house ...full of  the best smoked ribs I ever had... 
lots of fireworks ... watermelon, good food... and 
smores made with perfectly burnt marshmallows.

For an out of the norm Monday.... 
adventure and exploring up in the mountains.  
Driving new roads and playing together.  


Creek swimming and beautiful cool water.  
New memories made.  

For treasures found ... in the shapes of hearts.  
This is the one I found... and Michelle got another... 

For the love we feel from our kids...
and getting to love them too.  

For safe roads and travel and paths that lead 
us all back to home.  

For hatching mockingbirds in our rosebushes... 

and getting to witness the miracle of it all.  

For another nest of mockingbird eggs 
and discovering it's lined with donkey hair.  

A new roadrunner nest too in a cedar tree....
I can hardly wait to check on them, again on my next walk. 
The miracle of new life is amazing.   

So many beautiful moments of people and things that 
I don't want to take for granted.  

Thank you God for all these things and so much more,
thank you for my every thing.  



 



4 comments:

Jean said...

Happy 4th July Lea

thank you for sharing the pictures of your family day together. Looks like everyone had fun and laughter.

Blessings

Artful Gathering said...

Amen

Leaon Mary said...

Thank you Jean... it was a fun weekend ... thanks for visiting me!

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh for sure friend thank you for all those blessings and more. Hugs!