Saturday, July 31, 2021

House Makeover and Dog Days

Hi there friends, long time no see. 
I can't believe it's the last day of July can you? 
July has just flown by. 
Looking through my phone photos, I  thought I'd share a few pictures of 
our house now that most of it's done.  We still lack four windows 
we'd like to replace but ... measuring them is as far as we've gotten with that.  
We haven't found what we're lookin for anywhere so they're gonna have 
to be ordered I guess.  
Anyways...  

our house if finally all one color 
and we didn't have to do it ourselves either!  
Mike went to   Atwoods one day and next to him  in the parking lot was a handyman 
work truck.  It said some stuff on the side and the guy was there so he made a point to talk to him.   The  man had just moved to these parts from California and was looking for work. 
Mike asked him if he wanted to come give us an estimate to paint the house  and he showed up 
just like he said he would and on time.  That's always a good start and first impression. He listened to what we wanted,
gave a quote; and was very reasonable. He painted the whole thing himself and also made our new wood shutters
and stained both porches.  He was so professional... a super good guy-  
how could you ask for anything more?  I think it was meant to be 
that they crossed paths in that parking lot that day. 
So this is our new old house!

I think I love the porches the best.  
Staining them kind of tied the whole place together and even 
the barn matches better.  

This was what I hung up first when it was all done.  
It always makes me smile.  




It was kind of hard dealing with our dogs while 
the house was being painted.  When he did the front it was so nice
having our other dog kennels out back to put them in; - that really helped.  
They're indoor dogs  too but I sure didn't want him to accidentally
let them out the gate.  Especially with our chickens loose. 
That would have been a train wreck. 


Since these photos were taken, Mike has put our swing back up and 
we've put all the furniture back on the porch.  Really haven't changed much but 
the clam shell chairs and things all got a fresh coat of paint.  
I ordered a new swing too and today Myguy pulled it out of the box to put it together- 
I ordered the wrong size.  :(     I sure hope the seller will let me return it for a four footer
instead of this 5 footer.  We don't want to change the holes on the ceiling.  Also
the five foot one would be pretty tight.  


July has been so busy ... 
we've had lots of birthdays this month to celebrate.  Those kept us hoppin some.  But mostly we've been working alot on the place.  
I still haven't repainted our kitchen either.  I held off because of the dogs but 
they wouldn't be any problem now.  I think Daisy is fully housebroken already.    She just
turned four months old and is getting so big so fast.  At the vet last week for her shots
she weighed in at 35 pounds.  She experienced  her first trip to the groomers this week too.  
Yall ... she was a lot of dawg to lift into my Jeep.  She's so big the seat belt alarm kept going 
off because my passenger wasn't buckled in.  Oh Daisy. She's still so calm and good.
Mike calls her Lazy Daisy.  You can totally leave her alone in here and she won't do
one thing wrong.  How can that even be?  
Doesn't she look like the nook is her new bed?  She just learned how to 
get up there by herself.  I don't care... she can be there.  She doesn't chew things up and 
she doesn't even shed.  She and Rosie are complete opposites!!! 
Daisy does nothing wrong and Rosie makes up for all that.  
But they're best friends and I love em both.  


The dog days of Summer are here as well.  
It's so blasted hot isn't it?  I've watched the news and seen how hot it's been in other parts 
of the country.  Guess most of us are feelin it huh?  I've been wanting to sit outside  
and paint in my journals so much.  - Myguy even repainted and stained my little 
table and stool for me.  It's just been too hot tho.  They're saying a cold front is coming
and it's only supposed to be in the 90's and less humidity next few days.  Hopefully
then it will be more enjoyable to paint outdoors.  
Maybe nicer to get some fishin in too!  

Time to get the clothes off the line and think about something for supper.  
I just wanted to pop in at the shed and say "Hey!" and share 
some of our changes.  
Stay cool. 
Until we meet again, 
<*)))><




 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Looks amazing I would love to sit on a swing on the porch and just watch the world go by. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home.