Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Special Kind of Different ... But Love


Dragging the garden hose through black eyed susies this morning;
the shiny wet blooms of this other variety of Rudbeckia begged to be photographed.  
I've walked past them so many times but today... 
was
 different.  

Standing over them and gazing down... I noticed  how 
it appeared that a flower was painted on top of 
a flower.  
It was stunning.
From darkness ... to light.   
I snapped a few photos and later went inside.

Opening my ipad... I listened to the daily reflection 
on Formed.  It was about love. 
Loving even our enemies.  
It was one of those days ... I could feel 
that was all 
different. 
This love stayed on  my mind while I did my other 
studies and wrote out my verses of the day.  
It's crazy how love somehow keeps growing always in our lives...
and that our understanding of it grows in layers too ... - even seasons. 
It's as if through the Holy Spirit ... here and there we get this glimpse of it 
that pricks us different.  
I don't know how else to explain it? 
I can't. 
As I flipped through my books... 
and little rough flower sketches ... 
the word unfolded more .... 
As the  morning progressed, 
I felt like I needed to come back here to the Shed and 
share this journey and my simple process. 
I questioned why... 
But I don't know why...
(Just do it) 
So ... here i am.  

If you've read here before then you might know 
I often doodle bits of life... 
Especially in this faith  journal.  

A little old lady in a nursing home once told me 
It's all about the love.  
She came back to my remembrance 
today.  
Her words... of love 
so long ago... - I knew from the moment 
she spoke them... were anointed.  
It's all about the love. 
It's all about the love.
It's all about the love. 
 

Reading the word...- 
loving others sounds so simple ... 
and yet relationships are often messy.  
Love can be so easy and 
so hard.  

Today's word was perfect for my today. 
I was pricked. 
Hard. 
Pricked to the different kind of love. 
At least for a situation 
I found myself in this
very day.  

I had a task before me 
that I didn't have it in  my  heart very well to do. 
I was going to go through the motions of it ... 
 fully planning to do it with very little love.  
Truth is my way was ... with a side of bitterness and maybe gritted teeth?  
Because this person and I ... we don't click.  
As far as relationships go we are an old wound that hasn't healed so great. 
When we're  together it's like this person just picks at my heart like a dry scab.   
But love.
So today went different. 
But 
love.

My old task went out the window. 
In the trash literally.  
Love changes things... and so I started over. 
I did it with love.  Even still...
no matter what.  

I wish I had more answers than I do. 
But love tells me to 
listen and do it different. 

Go above, go beyond, and keep going.  
love more
love more
love more
  
I made scripture pictures for myself from today's flowers.  
So I'll share them here as well.  
If they speak to you feel free to use and share them. 
#sharethelove


Finishing my studies I opened Emily. 
She often holds my prayers.  
She's messy... like me and I share it here today 
for whatever reason.... 
If nothing else... 
because it's all about the love. 

Until we meet again, 
<*)))><







 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Good day Lea, and thank you for sharing your day and the precious Scripture pics. It is so true isn't it....love can be easy but it can be so hard some days and I know we'd never get through it without Our Lord. Praise His Holy Name.

Your flowers are adorable and such beautiful colours.

Blessings and Joy dear friend.