Thursday, January 14, 2021

For All These Random Things and More


I'm thankful for these frosty mornings that remind me of 
my snowy childhood.  

For my favorite red mittens from my Mother in law ... 
and the evening chats we've had lately  on speaker phone. 

For  family and friends I get to call my very, very  own. 

For new memories: making applesauce cinnamon ornaments with Michelle and Blakelea. 
Watching that little nose wrinkle as she dumped in  a cup of  cinnamon... and  dust rose
from the big blue, Mason Cash bowl.  Cutout hearts, and stars... 

For taking turns mixing  and .. 
little Mommy taking photos of  our  hands 
on the rolled out dough.  
For her beautiful heart... and loving friendship. 

For little feet running through the door  and getting squeezed so so tight. 

For  telling her she grew bigger since last week  and then 
she wanted  to get measured on the door jam just to be sure. 
For these marks I've shared before where our baby boy once stood tall to be measured-
and now 29 years later.. his own little princess stands tall in the very same spot. 
and  now; she's almost as 
big as her Daddy was back then
 
For a loving and supportive husband who lifts me up and  
helps me be braver than I really am.  

For encouragement from Joshua 1:9 today.  
I will be strong and courageous.  
I will not be afraid. My God will be with me...
  
For a new year with new goals and new possibilities.
For deciding to make small changes because even baby steps 
will get me where I want to be.  

For the timely Word that whispered ... to pause and breathe.  
__ and then 
ignited a fiery desire.  

For audio books in my earbuds. 
 The Good and Beautiful God, 
Cozy Minimalist Home and 
Sex and the City of God.
Next: Present Over Perfect. (Now finished)

For the new bible study: Faith In Practice...- its so good...
and for even these convictions I have... 
maybe even especially the new convictions... dare I say that outloud?

For thoughts of  people from across my life's timeline who without knowing it then... 
made a real difference... 


For all the wild life I've been seeing  on my walks lately. 
Deer thick ... and four mallard ducks who've decided our little pond 
is a  layover.  

For the happy quacking I hear from them while feeding chickens. 

For a  cathedral in the woods ... 
and my social distanced pew. 

For the colors that change day to day. 
And for Sonlight I seem to chase. 

For declaring outloud to my  Debbie.. I am  gonna lose this extra weight .
and her reply and  cheer: " I believe in you!!! " 
I know.....  she actually  meant that and it gave me such a boost much needed.

For 6 honey wheat pretzels 
and a creamy sweet coffee with stevia- ohmybliss!!!!!!!!

For dill pickles because crunch is a pretty big deal and also 0 points!
Cracked pepper turkey breast on toasted whole grain bread... fatfree mayo ,
lettuce, and mustard. " OHyum-me "
For sweet, yellow, Opal apples ... natures sweet confection. 
 
For bust a gut  laughter with Dawn because in this best deep southern-dripped drawl...
"I've nevuh  beeeeeen to Georgia" 

For 55555555's and how they brighten any ole day.  


For crisp paths... and 
all this beautiful ... wild blue yonder... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For wondering as I wander and 
my El Roi who sees even....  me. 



For felines who follow along as if they know  I'm lonely without a dog by my side ... 

And to know my  great big God who 
Loves first  and most and for ever n always. 

For happy accidents in journaling that  could become my new way to faith journal.
Sketching in pen on one side and going over the the line with water to bleed it 
on the other side... two pages in one that are now cohesive.  (This was the back)
For new ways to do things when I've felt stuck.

For the Bread of Life, and 
meditations  kneading dough into 

little love bowls. 

For a new sourdough starter and 
learning new things from the old ways.   

For a middle of the day text with a photo that said, "Trent wants to know if this would work?" 
 Trent found me a puppy!  
Trent's friends' Mom had a litter of corgis! 
So even though I've been on a long  list elsewhere ... 
They gave me first pick and they will be ready 
the week of valentines day! 
(still in shock)


This girl will be coming to live with us!!  
Her name is Juniper Rose.  
Then ..not only that but 
Yesterday the woman who has them met me in town 
as she was coming home from the vet getting their tails docked 
and dewclaws removed.   

This is their Mama Miss Piper, and her sweet litter of babies.  

Hello Rosie... 
Ohmygoodness.... this heart... 
I just about can't handle all this. 
Sigh... 
Thank you God. 

For a friend who just now texted she's praying for me today.  
Connections... dots ... people to just do life with.   

Thank you God for all these things and 
soooooooo much more
thank you for my every thing.  
<*)))><













 

1 comment:

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh friend your gratitude list has lifted up my heart and your new puppy is beautiful. Yes always Thank You Lord - Amen!