Saturday, August 15, 2020

Making Progress and Christmas In July

 Hi friends,
Just a quick post to update our progress. 
Yesterday we finished all the ceiling so things are movin along.  
 Several years ago one of my nieces spent some time with me here and 
she wrote on this  glo in the dark star and stuck it on the ceiling over our bed so 
when I'd go to sleep at night I'd see her message on the ceiling.  All these years,
it has stayed right there.  And every night when we'd turn out the light... her 
message of love lit up the night.  
When we got to the star putting up the ceiling boards; I decided to leave it right there.
We may not beable to see it's light anymore.. but I know it's there and she will
forever be in my heart.  Like a little love note built right into our house.  
 This is the new ceiling fan we picked out.  
I thought it would go good with black frames and I really wanted Myguy to love
this room as much as me.  It has a cool industrial vibe.  Yet it has some sparkle in the globe.  

Today we've been washing old trim boards we had in the shed and we're headed
back to Lowes to buy a whole bunch more.  I'll be painting trim in the shop today
and Myguys' gonna work on putting it all in.  Plus we're going to take our bedframe
down there and I'll start painting it as well.  I'm kinda scared.  It's wood... and actually
looks pretty good but I want it all to be white.. insert the gritted teeth emoji right here. 
Myguy is going to wack the posts off somehow to build the canopy frame on it.  
Insert that emoji here again.  

Yesterday I spent some time online learning about milk paints and distressing and 
I have several pieces of furniture to paint.  
So that's what my next ventures will be.  
(God please don't let me screw this all up. )
I have this vision... of it all... now will it come together?  
Oh yes please... 
 Found such a beautiful surprise in my mail this week.
Christmas in July.  
One of you sweet souls... blessed my socks off with the sweetest note and 
you will never know how encouraging you are to me.  
What an angel you are.  
I wish I could hug your neck.  
All wrapped in Christmas cheer no less.
This little cow AnnaLee was inside.  
haha Isnt' it a hoot?  
Yall will be seeing her in crazy photo shoots in the months to come. 
She will have some wild adventures... just wait and see.

Okay Myguy is tapping his toe and ready to go...
Yall have a wonderful weekend,
Until we meet again,
<*)))><

4 comments:

Artful Gathering said...

Good Morning Lea,
I love your ceiling fan and your wood ceiling. It’s going be so awesome when your finished. I can’t wait to see it! What a lovely surprise package you were gifted. Yippie!
I love reading your blog. Have a super spectacular day my friend.

Debbie Nolan said...

Well friend it looks like you are certainly making progress. I hope you will share when you get all finished. As for the cow - what a delightful present. Bet you have a special spot to place this gift. Well take care and have a good weekend. Hugs!

Leaon Mary said...

Thank you Dawn... and thank you for being so encouraging! You have a great day too!

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Debbie! thanks for visiting... yes I was so surprised this sweet soul sent that gift! She is an angel no doubt. xoxo