Friday, July 3, 2020

Saying Goodbye...

 Hey friends,
It's a hard day... and my head feels so fuzzy.  
We have an appointment at 4:30 today to put Addie to sleep.  
 She's incontinent now and ... yesterday she was up and down  alot
acting like she was in pain.  Today she's done less of that but she's sleeping alot.  
My heart is breaking but I think this is the right thing to do.  
It's a holiday weekend and if we don't do this today... things 
could get much worse for her.  

While she's been sleeping this morning I came out here.  
The musky snake smell is gone... and I found myself potting a few plants 
and running back n forth to the house to check her... she hasn't woken up yet.  
At least when she's  sleeping I know she's not hurting.  
I'm sorry for such a sad post... but this is our real today. 
This girl has  been my constant companion for thirteen years and 
is one of the best friends I've ever had.  

Alright I'll sign off... these tears won't stop runnin and I gotta get a grip.
I don't want to make her nervous and just want her to feel loved and 
get babied alot today.  
Please say a little prayer for us.  
I hate goodbyes. 


I  

2 comments:

Jean said...

My dear friend. there are no words. My heart breaks for you.

I am praying for God's strength to be with you and little Addie.

God Bless Lea xoxo

Leaon Mary said...

Thank you Jean... I knew this day was coming but ... I guess you just can't completely prepare yourself for this. I wish so much we didn't have to take her... and she could just pass here.. in her peaceful surroundings but I really think she's hurting.