Thursday, July 2, 2020

July 2... I Don't Wanna Go Back... and... Am I Losing My Shadow?


Hi friends,
Yesterday I shared how I journaled through June.  
Things I heard, saw, and wonder about.  
 Especially things  I miss since the Covid started.  
 I've   kept thinking about it all.  
--I don't think I want things to go "back" to what I thought was normal.  
One:  Don't most of us find we are appreciating things more now?  
I've taken so much for granted and wasn't even aware of it.  
I hope that changes.  
How many times did I go to the store to pick something up and they were out of it. 
And if they had it... and you needed a week's worth well; sorry bout your luck...  there's a  limit and they literally took it out of my cart.  That meant you'd have to go without or come back soon and who really 
wanted to do that because ... for awhile it felt like  a covid petrie dish there.  
Really though; I think ...going through that made me  much more grateful.  
Grateful for the products, for the truckers and workers who make it all happen.  

Another big thing is being an introvert; I love being home and having 
so many other people doing the same has been kinda nice!

Yet another is ... this shift from "I have to... to ... I get to."  
That's a biggy for me.  When all these places were  open and I'm expected 
to be someplace... it's felt like a "have to" alot.  
Once they closed and there was no way I could go... I got my want to back.  
Doctor's office, dentist, churches, hair salon... 
Funny how that happens huh?  

Now ... onto garden news... 
One ugly word:  snakes.  
This week I saw a snake three times. 
Did anyone hear me scream?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it was the same snake but not sure.  
The last time it surprised me  in my big raised bed.  I was draggin 
the waterhose in through the door and the dang thing was in the bottom area where I walk!   It was 
very aggressive and I'll not share what happened  other than 
my very protective husband came on a run  to my scream! 
End of that story.  

However I think I may have a snake in my greenhouse too. 
Yep you read right. 
See the scrabble tiles turned over on the desk? 
They were up on the middle shelf and spelled Blooms.  
Something got in there and knocked it over.  
I don't think it was a mouse coz no terds.  
If it was a bird got in there usually they will knock
little bottles down off the windowsills trying to get out. 
They were all fine.  
And recently Myguy opened the vent for me above this desk.  
A snake could easily climb the wisteria behind the shed and come in up above 
this desk and little primitive hutch.  From the photo you can kinda tell the black crack
up above the lights?  Thats the vent.  He pulls open that plywood board up above there
and screws it in place  to keep it open during summer and closes during winter.  
Anyways while i was in there today... I kept smelling something too.  
I once had a run in with a spreading adder and it smelled like this same stink.  
I'm on high alert now and being extra watchful and careful.

Last I share my sweet Addie (my shadow)  is not doing well.  
I've seen such a change in her the past four days.  
She's been drinking so much.  And today... walking bad and 
even wet the floor.  She never ever would do that.  
She has so many tumors.   
I keep holding her and telling her what a good girl  she is.
Francois is acting different too like he knows something's bad wrong. 
I put her in my little art room because it has a tile floor and is easier 
to clean if she has an accident.  She has all her bedding in there now and 
Francois too.  I'm gonna go love on her now... 
Until we meet again friends,
<*((((><


4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear one I think you are on the path that leads to contentment no matter the circumstances. I missed going to church and the library...both now open (not exactly the same but at least a return to something being available again). Yikes I avoid snakes if at all possible...be careful. I am so sad to read about your shadow. I have had my own and so I understand. Take care. Hugs!

Debra said...

I hope Addie will be ok. Sending you a hug.

Leaon Mary said...

Debbie, Thank you! So it sounds like you are a book worm? What are you reading these days? I haven't been to a library in so long.

Leaon Mary said...

Thank you Debra... I wish it could be so... but we have an appt to see the vet today... I think today is the day... my heart is hurting so much