Thursday, July 16, 2020

Painting Progress......and like ... Carrot Cake On The Crag

Hi friends!
I've been paintin like a mad woman.  
Last night; I put in an all nighter!!!
Myguy slept in a different room so I could try to finish and I did! 
Our whole bedroom and closet is painted the sterling white ... even our 
bathroom.  The doors are all the canyon color. 
It feels so good to be done with that. 

Then since all the clothes were out of the closet and piled on our bed..
like a mighty mountain... 
i began the tossing.  Man did that feel awesome.  
I have alot to take to the salvation army and still
lack doing Myguy's dresser.  
The closets are slowly being eliminated of  wire hangers too. 
Oh how I hate those things.  There is a huge trash bag full of them
that I need to drive out to the metal trailer for recycling. 
Our house is in such disarray I can almost not take it.
The washer and dryer are pulled away from their bases 
and the organizer cabinet that goes behind the toilet is laying in a bedroom..
bags everywhere... and so much stuff from our bedroom is stewn into other rooms
because before long we will be getting new carpet.  
I think Myguy ordered the ceiling boards... so now I just need to load all 
this extra stuff we don't want into a vehicle and haul away. 

In the middle of the night last night I was going through all the clothes and there was this 
cute blouse with fringed hems I forgot I had.  I held it up to me in front of the mirror
... you know "does this spark joy?"- which of course it really did. 
Then I felt something ... more than fabric... I looked and saw a spider running
across my arm.  I dropped the top, and went to smacking my arm trying to kill it. 
It was a brown recluse I'm pretty sure.
This is what was left of him after I hit him. 
I never felt it bite me but I read you often can't feel it? 
I have one little sore spot on my wrist where it had come from but 
it's probably just from all the work I've been doing in here.  Moving furniture etc. 
I hope.  I hate spiders. 
At least this kind I do.  

Looking around at everything... 
I regrouped... and am going back to inspiration colors 
and things I love.  
I'm gonna to try to mostly decorate this room with things 
we already have other than the bedding.
I already ordered a brand new featherbed to replace ours that we've had 
for years and years.  We are so spoiled and gotta have a featherbed. It's practically law.  
Our old one I'm going to sew a cover for and surprise Myguy some night
with a romantic night of stargazing in the bed of my old truck.  
How cozy would that be... to park out in the middle of the pasture 
on a really awesome night sky filled with meteor showers or a giant 
Harvest moon.  Around here you just can't throw a blanket down 
or you'd be covered in biting ants.  So this would be so fun.  
Keep my secret and don't tell him.  

These are two photos that I'm trying to decide which to 
enlarge and print to frame. 
I guess it will depend how blurry they get.  
I'm definitely going to love black framed prints in this space.
The sterling white paint has a tinge of blue gray background to it and 
black frames will pop I think.  
I'll show a photo after all the bags and ladder etc out.  

After cleaning out my dresser and throwing stuff out, I decided
I'm gonna get this old one out of Blake's room to use for my own.  
Not sure how I'll paint it yet... or even if I will.  
I love it as is. 

With all the time I've spent painting... I've been daydreaming alot of 
going hiking again.  It's really getting hot ... and that makes it harder though.
This photo was on the hawksbill crag.  It was just amazing sitting there awhile.  
Simply... euphoric.  Especially eating the carrot cake Myguy had made me himself to surprise me for my birthday and carried all the way there in his backpack. That was several years ago now.  Time sure flies. The moment's and memories are lasting.  This place here was a first for me.  
It seems like all firsts stick with us forever.  Especially the beautiful ones .. 
like treasures in our hearts.  Like when we first learn to ride a bike.. or like when we first learn to swim. 
We carry those moments with us forever.  
Like carrot cake on the crag.  

Mike was telling me of a new place we've never been that  a friend of his told him about.  
It's supposed to be only around a two mile hike too!
I'm hoping one of these next weekends he'll be off and we can just go.  
I need an adventure!  
Alright yall, I better get to cleaning things up some before this second wind 
I got dissipates.  My heads' starting to get a little foggy from lack of sleep.
Have a beautiful day...
like a corner piece of cake. 
Lea
<^((((><  

3 comments:

Jean said...

Hi Lea, I am exhausted just reading about all that you have achieved in decorating and clearing out!!! I would love to have your energy and positivity. Also it is great that you are looking forward to hiking.

Thank you for sharing your energy and enthusiasm. Help!!!!! I need some...


Bless YOu

Leaon Mary said...

Hi!! haha... Trust me... it wiped me out some too... we are two peas in a pod. Our house is a wreck still because most of what was in our bedroom is now in a different room piled high waiting for the day we get carpet put in... then I can put stuff back and decide then what goes n stays. It's always a whoppin mess when in the middle of remodeling things. I'm learning to be very patient coz if i had my little way it'd all be done. lol I WISH you coulda hiked to the crag with us... but I know you have so many beautiful places in Scotland! You get to see the ocean all the time.. and I've only seen an ocean maybe five times my whole life!

Unknown said...

Wow girl... your getting er done. Good for you. I can't wait to see all of your hard work in photos.
I am learning patience. I want things done yesterday. Hiring someone to do my painting and remodeling has proved helpful for my lack of patience....
hugs my friend....