Thursday, July 30, 2020

July Wind Down... and a Few Things Learned...

 This is a peek into my July Planner.  
We're nearing the end with just one more day to go.  
So I turned the page and there... I'm documenting a few things
I've learned this month.
This photo was before my pen so I could write my heart,
protect others, and my secrets.
Below are a few things to share....  

I learned what it looks like to see everyone I meet in a store
wearing a mask ...of some sort.  
I  never thought I'd see the day where this would ever be a thing 
 in the United States of America... land that I so love.  

I learned people will scatter out of your way 
if you cough ...or sneeze
at all.  

I learned I'm nearly addicted to the nightly news to 
keep up with what's going on and to hear 
the latest covid numbers.  
But then... I gotta tune it all out...
shut it off and get away from it... 

I learned it's easy to start getting  bitter over some of the protesting
because truth is 
all lives matter.  

I learned teams and groups will change 
their names because someone is
offended. 

I learned a man named Sam 
stood all alone for his
convictions.   

I learned I need to start walkin more
and eating less coz my pants
are gettin way too tight.  ugh



I learned again that my friend's profound words are true: that
every one 
has something
(something I want to write about another day) 

I learned how it felt to 
have to go it alone...
only really 
I'm never  
really alone coz I know my  Immanuel 
goes before me and is with me.  

I learned again that my man...
really loves me and I could see it 
in his eyes.  

I learned how it hurts to lose
a beloved pet ... and felt the ache in my stomach
 for days.  

I learned a friend chose me to share her deep
thoughts and feelings with... and 
I pray I listened and responded well.  

I keep learning  how grateful I am 
for my every breath and moment.  

I learned I want to be like Lois and Eunice 
and want to make the most of 
the opportunities God gives me.  


 I learned my one little word "sacred" holds more meaning to me
today 
 than it did January 1  
I've found it in the holy scriptures.. sacraments, covenants, 
through prayer, praise and worship...life... marriage...  all the things you would think it to be.
But the sacred can also  be  found in the plain and ordinary...
 or mundane.  
In the small of things.
In the thick of things.   
An ordinary day can be sacred.  
It's something I want to keep unpacking into August..
through the rest of the year really.  

I learned I love the simple joy of pencils. 
This one is new and I adore it not only for it's 
cool brown color and metal ends but I didn't know they have 
this size.  The simple, little things that can make a person
oober happy.  ;)

Winding down... and looking forward 
to August.  

Until we meet again friends,
am 
going fishin!

<*((((><

3 comments:

Jean said...

Good day Lea, I, too, never thought that I would see the day that this would be a thing in Scotland. I spoke to a guy in the queue at the supermarket and he said that he has been a nurse for 25 years and he never thought that he would see such a thing. So even in great countries and small, this virus has no friends., Hopefully with God's guidance the scientists will come up with a vaccine.

When our stomach's church and our hearts are heavy our God knows.

Blessed joyfull days. <*(((><

Jean said...

Hi Lea, it is hard to believe it's August already. It seems no time since you shared your word for the year back in January...wow times flies and how so much has changed in our world in just a few months.

Thankful that we have the simple little things in our every day.

Thankful for You sharing your days and that I get to come visit you.
Thankful for thee most beautiful videos. They are treasure.

God Bless You.


Debbie Nolan said...

Lea - your July sounds like it has been a challenge...of course it has been for so many. Like you I have to turn away from reading every update on this vile virus. Mask wearing has been mandated in our state for now. It is hard to think this time last year there was no indication of what the new year would bring. May God be merciful and hear the prayers of all His children everywhere that this plague will be gone. In the meantime we will carry on and be grateful for every day's blessings and there are so very many. Your blog being one of mine. Hugs!