Sunday, May 24, 2020

Sabbath Afternoon

 A few years back; 
this is where I spent alot of time.  
It was so peaceful and 
I think some growing took place.  

The olde table is now in my art porch ... 
and the bench has since rotted away.  

 The picture of Jesus  hangs inside the potting shed where 
English Ivy has grown through the cracks.  I've said it before but it's true... surely  ivy,
wisteria and angels hold the olde shed  together.  

 Today I was blessed with a new view. Myguy made me a new picnic table
for Mother's day.  He welded the whole base together himself and drove up on the mountain
during work hours to meet an old man with a sawmill for these very boards.  
As much as I loved our old picnic table; every time I mowed I had to drag it around.
Happily; this one sits in the heart of the garden and 
I'll not have to move it at all.  
The umbrella bends so I can move it to always have a piece of shade. 
I spent the whole afternoon right there.  
 I picked fresh sprigs of fleurs for old bottles- 
the little things that bring  joy.  

 My two companeros ....Addie n Francois...
and a third for a spell...
Quill
 As I loaded my tote today I threw this old book in... 
I've had "soul" on the brain.  Hadn't looked at it in so long..
I think I got it at a yard sale.  Opening it today ... still has me shaking my head.
In the good way.  God's awesome like that.  
 with a special thought of all who are outside the visible fold of the Catholic church and with the earnest hope that the reader in any case may be drawn more closely by them to the love of God. 
 Opening my art journal I drug along to the table... is this page.  
So imperfect... humble.. and  she is one of my most favorite.
She was never finished... just the first step of blocking in color.. and I couldn't go any further.
She was everything... I felt ... and still do... and named her Faith.  A simple soul.  Trying to be patient. 
 After reading Grams bible, doing my study... the whole Latin thing.. I read this book 
for the rest of the afternoon.  It's completely delightful. 

I'm so grateful.. and it's exciting  when you can see this partial unfolding of  things happening
around you... connecting dots... and the sense that the bigger picture that you can't see is 
taking shape. and ... it's beautiful!   (I know; I can't get over that run on sentence either.)  My thoughts 
are running wide open today.  :)  
I sign off with this scripture picture ... 
Time to throw some burgers on the grill! 
Until we meet again!
Lea   <*(((((((><

3 comments:

Jean said...

Oh Lea what a wonderful present made with love and care and what peaceful times you may have sitting there with your companeros and books.

Your artwork is always so encouraging and inspiring. I love Faith, a simple soul!!

It is exciting when you can see an unfolding of things, something that cannot be explained, it is just that feeling inside like a revelation.

Have a blessed day and thank you for sharing your Sabbath. <*(((><

Leaon Mary said...

Good morning sweet friend from here .. and afternoon to you! I'm setting here with the first cup of coffee of the day and for you... it's almost afternoon tea.
Thank you for your encouragement as well! It really does ramp up my faith when things click along ... and happen.. and you can literally feel and sense God opening your eyes to things..
It's like everything starts falling into place that you could never have known. I have no good words to express it all. There's not a word big enough.. other than GOD.
Thankyou for the dogwood photo! I'm saving it and will print it ... xoxo

Tonita said...

I don't spend much time online these days, but some how I ran into your blog. I am sure it is actually by divine appointment. I have truly enjoyed so many of your posts. Your creative writing as well as your photos of your home, property, potting shed and especially your fur kids are so lovely. You have a talent for drawing folks in to read your posts. I have been encouraged by your sharing of the gospel of our wonderful Lord and Savior. Your love for Jesus oozes from your blog. I pray that God continue to bless and use your blog, writing and artwork to draw folks into a relationship with HIM. Oh, loved the going gray post also. Yep, I recently made the choice to embrace that choice also. Your braid looks great.

Blessings,
Tonita