Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving


Many of our Thanksgivings look different this year. 
Some of my friends and family are celebrating inspite of being
quarantined with covid. 
We have a family member  in the hospital... 
and many tables will
have less chairs 
around it.  
But even still
we give thanks.

I'm actually still sitting here in my pajamas...!!
This year we're celebrating at our Son's. 
It's my first year at home not having to rise while 
it's still dark and clean and stuff a big bird. 
You know the things we do...
-Wash all the platters and things you only use 
once or so a year.  
All the many preparations... 
I didn't clean all day yesterday...
and it's so relaxing I can't even tell you. 
But we're fixin to shower and head over to help 
with things there ... 
I made pumpkin bread last night and 
M n M cookies for a special little 
Blakeleabear.  

Thinking about my family and friends...
warms me up inside.  
Thinking about all of you who visit this 
olde shed ... warms me up inside. 
Thank you for being a part of my life. 
Most of us have never met face to face.  
Some of us have and all our dots have all connected 
in beautiful ways that I will forever hold 
in my heart.
  
thanks
giving 
is what I am doing right now.  
Thanking God for all of this.
For every thing.
And in all things.  
For all of you. 
And for blessing me with 
so much friendship
and love.  

Happy Thanksgiving friends.
Until we meet again
<*)))><







 

1 comment:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lea hope you had a lovely day with your loved ones. For sure we have much to be thankful for this year. Glad to read that you actually enjoyed having a bit of a rest from all the work that goes with this blessed holiday. I will be praying for your loved one with the virus.
Giving thanks too for our new friendship. So glad I discovered your blog. Even in hard times folks get blessed by connecting and that is the gift that God gives to us...divine connection. Hugs!

P.S. Bet that pumpkin bread was delicious and the cookies too :)!