Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Now What Was I Readin Again?

Hello friends,
Today was the most beautiful Fallish day so far here. 
We started out in the forties... which for us is completely awesome.  
When it's like this... one word comes to mind:  
cozy.  
At last I can embrace the pumpkin spice hooplah...
Today was "sweater weather!"
It's time to  bring out the hoodies, woodland candles... and furry throws. 
I'm so excited.  
 

It was a perfect morning to finish up out the garden.

Over the weekend I got  both peony beds cleaned out.
This one still has a little bit of trumpet vine root in it.  
But at least it's more manageable ... for now.   
No snakes either.  (phreww )


This morning  more mulch went in the walkways.  
It sure never goes quite  as far as I think it should?  
If ya think it might take ten bags... get twenty. 
Twenty?... get 40. 
Always double mulch math.  

Now this just needs some Fall mums in the sink, and maybe a few cornstalks 
here and there.   

While walking by, the raised bed, this little hummer kept hovering overhead.
I haven't filled their feeders in a long time and really haven't seen any hummingbirds lately.   

I went in and made a fresh batch.  
They usually leave Sept- October so ... 
I hope this gives any still around here a boost for their journeys.

Monday was the start of the Daniel study with 
She Reads Truth.  Since it was so pretty today, I decided to go through it outdoors.  
It seemed like every little dang thing was a distraction.  
First I couldn't concentrate coz see the chicken out in front of me? She was joyfully 
tearing out all the mulch I just put back there.  Wouldn't ya know. 
Now what was I readin again?   

-Diggin back in... I'd brought my Grandmother's bible out to read her insights going through the workbook and 
for the life of me I couldn't even get through the forward about it.  Do any of you ever get tripped 
up when you're trying to read something and can't seem to retain a thing?  Where it talked about apocalyptic and apocalyptist... all I could think of was how those words are  like worchestershireshauce.  ?  What?  Yeah that actually crossed my mind.  
Now what was I readin again? 
I read, reread, and read again... finally started getting somewhere after ... pleading...God help me!
When I finally grasped it somewhat... I began searching for all my Gram's notes in the margins in the book of Daniel.  None!  I'm shocked... she wrote all through her bible... but nothing in Daniel.  I looked and looked.  
Maybe it's for the best though.
.. maybe.  
Now what was I readin again?  


Remember I mentioned distractions? 
Cat.  Yeah... these cats.  It started under the table rubbing all over  my legs.  
Yall they haven't had one dang thing to do with me lately.  Maybe they've heard me talkin 
bad about them.  Not nice I know... but after Francoise died.. seemed like any time I'd even try
to walk up to one and pet it... poof it's gone.  You can call them and they just get all snooty and
walk away.  They pretend they can't even hear you.  -- Unless you have something to eat that is.  But today... trying to read and understand what I was reading and this one would not leave me alone.  Next thing I know she's up  on the table and 
walked  on my Gram's bible.  No.
No no no no no 
bad kitty.  
Now what was I reading again?  
Good grief.  
Hoping tomorrow is a better day in Daniel.  

The last straw was taking a sip of 
this Propel water... on the rocks.  
Propel is my favorite water of all time..
and today... it tasted just like colonoscopy prep.
Those of you who've had it... understand the bleck!!!!!!!!!!!!  
cough choke sputter sputter. Oh gag me.  

Oh well...God willing 
tomorrow is another day.  

Until we meet again,
<*)))><


  




 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Lea, and still lots to do in the garden....I didn't know the humming birds were ready to leave...imagine facing a long journey when you are only that size!!! Isn't it amazing.

I know that feeling well when you read something over and over and it doesn't seem to sink in, it is so frustrating. I sometimes find if I read out loud it helps!!!
So many distractions you had, no wonder you were challenged, especially reading Daniel. Hope you have a better time of reading tomorrow, with no distractions.

Thank you for sharing your day. <*)))><