Wednesday, August 5, 2020

These Simple Joys...


Hello friends,

Life's been kinda busy and a big mess but I guess that's to be expected when you 
start home projects.  For us; our little remodeling has snowballed from project to project. 
It seems with this old farmhouse once we tear into something the next layer has something
else rotted that needs  to be fixed.  Just how it goes.  
We just keep telling ourselves every day we're one day closer.  

The floor is all fixed under the bath tub now and new drywall up behind it...
Myguy is still muddin though...  Hopefully we can get  the bed and dressers etc moved out and carpet all ripped out in time for the carpet layers.
Meanwhile we've been trying to decide on big mirrors and which medicine cabinet and 
cupboards to go above our washer n dryer ...- all that jazz.  Almost forgot but we tore 
all the shelves out of  the linen closet in our bathroom too when the tub was out.  
Have I said yet that it's a fine mess around here?  ha 
Least there's a garden of flowers and flutterflys to visit 
amid the mess.  
It helps the sanity.

Hopefully it won't take too long coz I'll be having withdrawals not havin 
the babybear out for playdays.  
As it is right now her room is full of junk and it's gonna get worse by this weekend
needing a place to put the rest of our bedroom furniture.  
 A few simple joys this week ...
---fixing tabs in my Gram's bible.  
Holding this tab in my fingers I wondered:  
 Could my Grandmother 
 ever have imagined  .. one day her Leaonie
would feel propelled to hold her Catholic bible and reattach the tabs that were 
yellowed and falling apart. 
I so wonder?
I know she prayed for me alot.  
  (Don't pay no mind to my fingernails... you can probably
guess I'm not the go get a  mani-pedi  kinda gal. --Never had one and 
don't plan to start now. 

I am a tabs gal though.  :) 
And these needed some love.  
I tried different glues... but nothing I tried would stick.
So I ended up cutting small pieces of packing tape.  
Got them all fixed up and have decided to shelve the bible I've been using  awhile and camp out in Gram's here instead.  

And I finally got around to tabbing my she reads truth bible as well.  
I got these tabs off Etsy.  The shop is called farm girl journals in case anyone tries to look them up.  

And this is my August planner.  
See; I wasn't kiddin about the tabs.  

Let's see... other simple joys... 
the song by the Afters : I will fear no more
I've shared here that I've battled with not being 
able to turn my head off at night.  
My sleep gets robbed...and...
I feel like someone wrote that song just for me. 

And here is another simple joy.
A beautiful moth that I'll get to share with Blakelea
because I video'd it for her.  Another thing to add to our 
list of cool things God made.  

And one more... 
a really good movie I saw on the Formed app.. 
St. Ignatius of Loyola.  

Alright that's enough for tonight.  
Sweet dreams yall!
Lea
<*)))><

1 comment:

Jean said...

You have been busy Lea but I am sure it will be worth it all. What a lovely pic of you three cuties...awww!!!!

I really like those tabs and must look up on Etsy. I love that you have your Granny's bible, so special and fixing the tabs for it too.

Ha, I'm not a mani pedi girl either!!!

What a beautiful moth indeed, I am sure Blakelea will love it and I'm glad you got to video it for her.

I must look up St. Ignatius of Loyola.

Thank you for sharing your days and your blessings. <*(((><