Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Colors and Inspiration

 Greetings and Holykisses, 
Anyone else here in the states feel like it's really Monday? 
Yeah..same here!

Well, over the weekend... Myguy got our old farmhouse pressure washed.  
All the green crud is gone, and  now our old house is only three 
colors instead of four.   ;) 
He asked me again last night,  "So.. have you found  paint colors to choose from yet?" 
 Ummm... noooo notchyet!  
I need to get to Lowes to get more paint chips... 
Either white again, or a brown to match the front of our barn. 
Decisions decisions. 


 This morning , I grabbed a large bulletin board to start a 
mood board.  Because yet  another to do is to fix up our bedroom and bathroom.  
Our bedroom has been this aqua color for several years now and it's time to go.  

I shared here before that after we got married, my mother in law borrowed me 
a book called:  You can be the wife of a happy husband. By Darien Cooper. Reading that book was a gift.  I still absolutely love it and and  even have my own copy now. ( If you don't have biblical beliefs then I don't think  you'd like it.)  Towards the end of the book it speaks of a husband and wife's bedroom and that it should be thee most beautiful room in the whole house.    I love that thought..  and it's long over due for ours  to get a fresh makeover.  
So it's my Summer to do.  

 This photo is what I keep coming back to.  Thank you Pinterest. 
It's so dreamy and I love the yardage of sheer fabric knotted on the bedposts. 
This is inspiration photo one.  

But then I come to this. Photo 2   (Pinterest)
The bed... not the space. 
 Myguy said he could make a bed  like this!  
To me;  it's just such a romantic notion 
for a man to make a bed for his wife.  He looked over our oak bed frame 
and  thinks he could build off of it to turn it into  a four poster canopy bed.  -Or he said he could  build a regular canopy bed like this one.  Then I could hang lots of fabric and lights above and even change it seasonally. 

To decorate: the first thing will be  scripture above the bed. 
Something beautiful from Song of Solomon. 
Starting now  I'll be watching for things to photograph in black n white only. 
Myguy is very much drawn to mechanical things.  
Industrial... and how everything works.  He loves old tractors, and cows  too... 
So those are things I'll be thinking about to add elements he enjoys into our  space.  

 
I'm  drawn to nature.  Nests, trees, eggs, blue sky, clouds, stars
 pine cones, seed pods... burlap, 

 feathers... 
These will be my elements and our colorstory.
I look forward to sharing a future post how things turn out and compare
with  these inspirations. 

I sign off with a scripture picture 
that I've shared here before. 
It was one of our vacations in the mountains. 

For we walk by faith not by sight. 
2 Corinthians 5:7
Have a beeeautiful Tuesday!  
<*(((><

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Lea, what a great project to have planned for the summer and to have your guy helping is amazing.

Pinterest is good for ideas and I love the pic of the bed. It will be fun planning on your mood board. I also love that you can combine your interests within the décor making a special place and with lights and a Scripture....Joy!!

Thank you for sharing your project. Blessings.