Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3, and Sugar Cookie Recipe

Greetings and Holykisses,

Opening door number three this morning, I found a gardeners .... what do you call those lil things? I have three out in the shed, ... but for the life of me the name escapes me. Anyways, ... there it is:- the lil hand shovel.

Last night, my friend Maxi and I worked on the cards for church. It was so much fun just hanging out together. Add glue sticks, card stock, ink pads, stamps, a paper cutter, scissors, yarn, ... several sugar cookies and a pot of coffee and I'm talkin: bliss!!!!
We didn't do anything fancy, but all 72 are hand stamped, and water-colored.

Every year I make cards I always find myself taking pictures of them in a basket. All the colorful, fuzzy yarns smile at me and say, "Cheeeese!"

Thought you might like the recipe for the sugar cookies we were nibbling last night.
They're my Aunt Jude's recipe and are so easy and fast to make. If you bake them yourself, drop me a line and let me know how they turned out.

Non Roll Sugar Cookies

1 cup real butter (don't skimp and use margarine!)
1 cup shortening
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
4 cups flour (I used just a tad less)
1 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt and a big pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
Cream shortening, butter, and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add dry ingredients and flavoring.
Form into balls and roll in a little bowl of granulated sugar. Once they're on the cookie
sheet, flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar. Bake in 350 oven
until edges are light brown.
I like to top with colorful, festive sugars for pretty.
We also like our cookies slightly underbaked so I try to take them out when they
just start to turn light golden on the edges.
Enjoy!
(I think I ate as much raw dough as I did baked cookies when I made these this week.) Mmmm!

4 comments:

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

The cards are perfect, they say just what Christmas is all about. My goodness, you all sure were cranking them out.

Yum on the sugar cookies~~

From the Heart said...

Beautiful cards and I know how you enjoy doing those. I have some that you sent me. They sit on the top shelve of my computer desk.

The cookies sound soooo good but I'm having to watch my cholesterol so I will have to pass up making them. Eat some for me.

Toyin O. said...

Those sugar cookies look yummy and the cards are lovely!!!

I just also want to thank you for visiting my blog and your gracious comment. God bless you too! Have a blessed week.

thefisherlady said...

Almost time to try your cookie recipe!
have enjoyed your blog!