Monday, June 1, 2020

Hello June...

 A hello and Holykiss, 
Welcome June... we so badly need a fresh page, and new start... 
It seems the world around us is going crazy.  I have no words,
... only praying for our country.  


 Just finished my bible study .. everything was done late today because 
I had to go to town.  Got my new glasses too... 
 A pair of contacts to try again as well.  I haven't worn those in about a decade now.  
Don't know how that's gonna go but if I can wear them it will make having to wear a mask 
much easier.  I felt like I was gonna keel over picking up my glasses in my mask today.
My glasses kept fogging up and goofyme I guess was trying to breathe different to compensate 
for that.  Probably bout ran out of air.  Good grief.  I was so glad to get out of there and rip my mask off.  Anybody else relate and had  that happen?  Glad that's over.  
  
.. I had fun this afternoon setting up a new insert for the month.  Also it was good reading my May book's goal section and checked off what I accomplished and got a handle on what I didn't.  Those will be re-added in my June section goals to hopefully conquer.  
The little wren is a photo I printed of a painting I did in another journal. She's kinda speakin  to me so she's coming along into  June.  
 Then I taped the whatevers inside my cover.  Usually I back it with pretty paper etc but I didn't this time.  It's okay... it's just a journal... and nothing about it will have any perfection other than the Word of God written in it.  The without fear is just something I cut out of an old book an it was sitting in a dish on my art table ... so I grabbed it to bring into June as well.  Reminders for me.  
 This too was on my table.  It was already glued to the blueberry paper. 
I think that this is really on my heart.  Too much to write here but it definitely gives me the jumping off point to start writing under it.   
This is the traveler's notebook I went to this month.  It was one of my first chic sparrows and the color is creme brulee.  I love how rugged it is... it's very much like saddle leather.  And you might not can read it but it's inscribed with "beautiful mess."  That pretty well describes real  life doesn't it?  
Scrounging around that art table, another print was found with Faith the soul girl that I painted and wrote about here.  It sure works good to use those little photo printers that are out now.  Mine is a Canon Ivy.  You buy the papers it prints on and they have sticker paper backing on them.  Sure makes it easy! 
I painted a girl on one of my pages today and used this palette.  
What stood out today is that the brownish color... when used lightly is the very shade I want to go with in our bedroom makeover.  Especially for our bed and all the fabric I'd like to hang from the canopy.   Funny how you find things that match... and you excitedly go .. oooh that's it!  I also have a top in my closet that matches perfectly... I might need to wear it to the paint store huh? ha  Hey can yall match my shirt for me?  

 I'm still feeling so much jubilation from the weekend.  Yes that's the right word... I had to look it up to make sure... but yep that's it!  Had our munchkin for the day and ohmygosh... she is gonna keep us young for sure.  We ran through the sprinkler... danced our booties off... played in the creek... and she learned the song I've got that joy joy joy joy down in my heart!  Yep drivin down the road.. She loved the where??? part... and my heart beat hard with the second verse and her learning it... I've got that love of Jesus love of Jesus... where?  Down in my heart.  Oh how I felt the love of God while singing that song with Myguy and our girl.  Sweet jubilation! 
 These two are a whole nother story.  
I kinda feel like I'm already beginning to grieve  a loss of them.  
They still follow me all over and stuff but... I'm seeing big changes now adays.  
This morning Addie breathed so hard... I thought she was gonna die this very morning... -- That's how the end started with their dad Old Abe before he died.  Addie and Francois are full brother and sisters but different litters.   I used to raise AKC pembroke corgis and had two females and one male I bred.   Their dad  was 9 when he died and Addie will be 14 this fall and Francois turns 13 this month.  This photo is startling.  So those are their crates that stay open all the time unless we leave them in there to do something here on the place that we don't want them to go along.  They also have an outdoor pen and our fenced in yard ... but those crates.. are  how we trained them when they were babies.  So the crates are their safe haven  when away from us.  Crate doors are almost always open so they like to go lay in there when not at my feet.  Today this was them... and I came and went so much and they never stirred.  The deepest sleep... I closed doors in and out outside.  I walked all the way to the big garden and back came back in slammed the door... it didn't stir them one bit.  It was unsettling today ... my sweet companeros  are geriatrics  and  slowly... fading in front of my eyes. 
Addie is completely deaf now.  To wake her and not freak her out... I've learned to blow gently in her face.  She jumps a little but not near as bad as any other way...   They have been my constant companions all these years.  It's hard to see these changes happening.    If I walk far I can no longer take them.  Especially now with the heat.  That leaves me with a cat... and I'm not a cat person.  Even though we have a few.   I can't imagine these guys not being here and really can't imagine going through the puppy thing again.  Every day I get up I wonder if one of  my sweet friends here could be gone.  

Well guess I best get to tackling my beautiful messes  in the greenhouse.
It's time to carry alot of plants outdoors... and I have something special I want to put inside!!! 
Got this out of our shed this weekend and Myguy fixed it for me!!! 
I've shared it long ago here and have always loved it.  
I'd thought about putting new fabric on it... maybe painting it.. ?? 
It got broken somehow.. and thankfully Myguy got it working again so the kneeling part is secure again.  I'm gonna try to get the green house cleaned out today and find a space for this beautiful sacred altar.  I need it out there.  I will be armed with my hoe... because   

it's feelin kinda snakey in there right now.  See how the weeds have grown up through cracks of my paver stones?  eeek.  Myguy had to open my vent up top and I kinda worry about snakes crawling in over the ivy and wisteria vines.  So... I will be careful and have my hoe at hand just in case.    I am cleanin that space today! Here I go! 
Until we meet again!
<*(((><

3 comments:

Tonita said...

What a blessing to have just found your blog. I also am a daughter of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I agree, we need to pray for our country. I am praying that the flames of destruction in our nation be turned to flames of the Holy Spirit and that there will be an out pouring of the Holy Sprit that invites true revival. When God brings folks to nothing he is up to something. This is a demonic attack and we Christians need to use discernment and spend time in HIS presence more so than ever.

The mask thing.. never put one on, never used hand sanitizer in my life. Working in a town where there are thousands of people side by side and no masks and life looks back to normal minus riots in big cities just a couple hrs away. No fear. God is faithful to fulfill his word which tells us that all things will work for the good for those that love GOD. They will.

Totally understand your concern about your furkids. I also am a dog mom and dogs have always been a huge part of my life. I just had to let one go about a month ago. 2 big dogs and a new puppy are now in my life. What a blessing that God allows us to be their caretakers for a season and often times way to short of a season.

Like you I adore JESUS, dogs and all things vintage. Am looking forward to sifting thru your blog posts.

God bless you.

Leaon Mary said...

It's nice to meet you Tonita... it sounds like we have much in common. And the most important ... that we are daughters of the King! I couldn't agree with you more... have a beautiful day and thank you for the blessing! God bless you as well! Lea

Jean said...

Good day Lea, I have been down at the shore since we are into phase one of lockdown and allowed to go out but still keeping the social distancing. The tide was coming in and I drew a heart in the sand so that when the tide goes out again, the sea will take the heart across that big pond to YOU with my love.

Thank you for sharing your day. There is nothing like the ache in our hearts when our companeros are slowing down. Please know I am thinking about you dear friend.

Sending BIG hug from Scotland. <*(((><