Friday, May 29, 2020

Fishin... It's Soul Care....

 Gettin that text yesterday... was a warm fuzzy.  
Know what I mean?  When junk of the world piles up 
it's good to get out and just "be" with someone in nature.  
This fishin buddy is a great gift in my life. 
And one of two of my greatest legacies.
I haven't shared many pics of the other one 
lately because he's building his dream house. 
I'm so proud of him too and love my time with him as well. 
Soon we will have more time all together again.  
I love my family so much and thank God 
for them every day.  
 Yesterday the clouds at times were crazy beautiful. 
How can you not just feel our mighty God when you look uP.  
He made all this.  I'm in awe.  
 We laughed yesterday because everytime I tried to take a photo...
my bobber would disappear.  Like this! 
I was trying to take photos of all the beautiful wild berries ripening.  
The turtles here have it made.  I can get a binoculars and look down here 
off our back porch and they pile up on the banks sunning themselves.  
Their blackberry desserts must be heavenly.  
 I knew this would happen.  lol 
Some things will never change.  
In my heart... I saw him when he was four raiding our strawberry patch. 
I'd try to let the strawberries build up ripening so I could get enough to make jam...
but baby boy here would be in that patch sneakin all the ripe ones. 
His Mama would scold and ask... you been in that strawberry patch again?
He'd say No Mama... with a red sticky face.  Then we'd have a talk about 
what's true and whats not... because lying is wrong child and is a sin.  
Telling that memory to this man now..  he remembered.  What's better is 
he learned that lesson well and now is a man of his word.  
He still loves his berries though. ;)    
 I didn't catch much.  This was my largest and it wasn't very big.
I'd changed lures ... to something pretty.  
 Surely they'd think this was pretty.  
I mean you could almost make a pair of earbobs with these.  
The bass weren't that impressed.  Oh well. 
Trent caught alot.  The other night I snuck down there and fished a spell
Something BIG ...  one of the big bass that's in there hit my line... 
I got so excited I went to pullin too hard... and just before it got on the bank
broke my line.  I saw just a glimpse of him.  It was a bass. 
I texted Trent when it happened and told him I got so excited instead of letting him 
play out... tire out.. I was working hard to get him in.. and he broke my line. 
My life application sometimes .. I react before I think.  Next time I'll try to remember. 
Funny thing though... as Trent fished yesterday... he got ahold of this... 

I'm shocked.  
That's my line when I had the big bass on it and it broke.
He said bass are good at shaking off hooks sometimes.  
He was reeling over near the grasses on the shallow end of our pond.  
I don't go in there much coz it's snakey.  I'm afraid of running into a 
water moccasin.  But he fished over there yesterday and caught my old line.
Least I got my lure back in my tackle box. lol  
I have fishing on the brain now... and think I'd like to rewatch A River Runs Through It.  
That always makes me wanna pack a bag and head to Missoula!

 I'm signing off .... 
The scripture on my walking stick is sooo on my heart these days.  
Hello Ezekiel.  
I added the verse to a beautiful dogwood blossom sent to me from 
Jean of Scotland... 
"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.  
Until we meet again dear friends, 
Love, Lea
<*((((><

2 comments:

Jean said...

Good morning Lea, I love the photo of Trent smiling....you two enjoying special time together, doesn't get much better. I also smiled when I saw the pic of him picking berries and the story of when he was a wee boy...aww!!!

When I was out walking today I took a picture of a foxglove growing among brambles, it was so beautiful. Usually September here when the brambles (blackberries) are ready for picking and jam making..

Thank you for sharing your blessings. <*(((><

Leaon Mary said...

Good morning Jeanie... so good to see your voice here today. Yes I truly have been so blessed lately having my Trento to hang out with some. When we had our mechanics business here on the place I could see him every day so now I don't see him as often. Havin him text to come by and fish with me is truly a gift. Your foxglove sounds gorgeous! I love the photos you send to me of Scotland. It's so beautiful there! I love the history as well!
Thanks for stopping in here today...
<*(((><