Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The Prodigal Olde Shed

 Hello old friends,
it's been such  a very long time. 
Some of you probably think the olde shed  fell off the face of the earth but- 
I'm still here.  (lol)

Thankyou to those of you who've checked in on me 
in the past months- it really meant alot!  
I had no idea how many dots God was connecting through 
this shabby olde potting shed.  

So much has happened since last May  and how quickly time passes.  
That's something I've been thinking alot about lately.  
-The passing of time.  
I guess the older we get the more we realize 
 that this is it! 

As time allows I'll share more of the happenings here. 
But I'll keep this first entry back shorter.  
  I know many of you are experiencing a 
blast of winter storms right now.  
Here at the shed we've seen some flurries but nothing more than a dusting.  
Some of my flowers are hanging in there inside the greenhouse
but it's not heated so it's do or die.  
It's nice to walk in there though and smell the scented geraniums and touch their green leaves. Spring is around the next corner. 
Look into this photo and take a big whiff... 
Can you smell that?  
Rose scented geraniums.   

As January 1st rolled near I had intentions to blog again 
on new years day.  My plans were dashed with no internet.  
We had been having so much trouble with our service and had technicians out 
and wires replaced... but nothing was ever working right.  It finally went out all together.  
So we finally said  goodbye to the company we were with for years and got 
something different.  We should have done it long ago.  
At any rate... 

Hello again.  
:)  
Welcome back to the shabby olde potting shed.  
The door is rusty but... open.  
Thankyou for stopping in and sharing your time with me.  

In the posts that follow I'll be sharing 
some art journaling through Valentines day.  
You're welcome to join in the fun if you'd like.  

See you again soon.
(Really.)
Yes for real.  
Leaon Mary

5 comments:

Jean said...

Good morning dear friend.....how wonderful to come visit the shed again. I so love the scent of those geraniums!!!!

I would love to be sitting in your greenhouse and just being among the plants. So peaceful. It is snowing here although not lying at the moment but it's to freeze so could be slippy tomorrow...eek!!

Today I saw little yellow heads of crocus popping through, isn't that amazing...

Have a Blessed day.

Debra said...

Hello my friend. So glad to see you again! The Shed is looking lovely!

Dianne said...

I have missed you. Glad you are back. I am not good with making things but I love looking at yours. Your writings usually make me stop for a minute and think about what is really important. Don't stay gone so long next time.

Heaven said...

Can't wait to start reading your blog again. Welcome back!

Leaon Mary said...

Thankyou for the welcome back Jean, Debra, Dianne and Heaven!
I look forward to catching up with all of you... thankyou so much for the warm welcome back. I feel so blessed.