Saturday, December 12, 2015

Day 12 Christmas Movies

Watching a great Christmas movie is ... 
one of our favorite things to do on a cold Winter's night.  
Don't forget the huge bowl of buttered popcorn made fresh- the old fashioned
way- right ontop of the cookstove in a big kettle.  
Doesn't get much better than that does it?  

I looked through our movie cupboard and here are a few of our favorites.
The Nativity story and 
The Christmas card are my two personal faves.  
On an  old VHS tape; we also have the  movie Prancer.
It was gifted to me by my Mil and I  watched it so many times.  
Remember  when little Jessica Riggs and Carol Weatherby  went sledding through old Mrs. McFarland's yard 
and mowed down her  floribundas?  
They were so carefully wrapped in burlap if I remember right. 
(A gardener's heart will nearly stop witnessing the death of those  beloved floribundas.)  haha  
Oh dear.... Kinda makes me want to pop up a big bowl of corn and see it again.

The Christmas Card is so romantic.  
Yeah... I just can't help myself!  
Great story... great actors and cmon... Ed Asner; who doesn't love him? 
So... how bout you?
What are your favorite Christmas movies?

xoxo LM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

12th day Advent already Lea and enjoying some movies for Christmas (and popcorn!) sounds like a lovely tradition to have and making sweet memories too.

God Bless



Jx

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

For me, it's "The Red shoes" and the 12 Dogs of Christmas. I love all the Christmas movies, starting with the really old ones right on to the new ones of today. LOVED "The coat of many colors" the other night. That was really good, too.

Denise said...

I like The Christmas Ornament on the Hallmark channel. My hubs and I watch it every year. Also, Comfort and Joy with Nancy McKeon, and A Charlie Brown Christmas...loved this one since I was a little girl.

Denise said...

enjoyed this