Friday, September 25, 2015

Morning Cup of Blessing

 Yesterday a few friends shared funny words and  phrases 
with me on Facebook.   I'll be honest; most of them I had never even heard before.  
I had to look them up! 

My vocabulary is pretty simple.  
But I love words.
I do tend to lean and gravitate towards 
people and words;  
-  that are down to earth
and easier to understand though.    

This morning my devotional covered James 3.  
It too was about  our words.  
Two stood out for me.
Blessing 
and 
Cursing.  
   
As I read the lesson;   recent debates came to mind.
There's been so  much mud slinging.  
Words thrown at others to demean, 
diminish,
 and degrade.  
Then I thought of the mud I've sling,slang, and slung.  :) 
...Words I've carelessly 
said, 
or written. 
I just have to say,... if  I have ever hurt you with mine; 
I'm  sorry.  
Please ...forgive me.  




Here are a three scripture pictures that I'll be printing off 
to washi into my journal.  
Maybe they speak to your heart as well?
Feel free to use and share them as you wish. 
Isn't it crazy to think of a little tongue having the power of life
and death?  We all know it's true though.  
That little rhyme 
sticks n stones may break your bones
but words will never hurt me.
Whoever said that.... 
... they ...lied!  
Words 
can leave a thick, ugly scar. 
Sometimes they just kill us inside.   

I leave you with this last scripture picture.

Be encouraged friends!
May I speak life to YOU  today?
 I'm cheering you on right now. 
You.
... Praying for every soul that reads this. 

May I remind you that
you  are wonderfully made!!!!!
You are  loved.    
You matter!
  
May God bless you all over. 






9 comments:

Denise said...

bless you for the encouragement, love you.

Fran. said...

Love our lesson for the da!! You have never hurt me with your words!! But you have lifted me up with your words!! XOXO Love Fran.

Anonymous said...

Lea, thank you for posting, I can totally relate to what you are saying and how it is possible to make such a big difference with only the words we speak. I had this experience last week when someone took me by surprise and said something hurtful to me about grief and it was like a kick in my stomach and no amount of morphine could take the pain away.
I love to come visit you at the shed and know that I will be inspired and uplifted by YOUR words dear friend. Have a Blessed day.

HUGS.
jx

Anonymous said...

Lea, thank you for posting, I can totally relate to what you are saying and how it is possible to make such a big difference with only the words we speak. I had this experience last week when someone took me by surprise and said something hurtful to me about grief and it was like a kick in my stomach and no amount of morphine could take the pain away.
I love to come visit you at the shed and know that I will be inspired and uplifted by YOUR words dear friend. Have a Blessed day.

HUGS.
jx

rebecca said...

Along this line, Colossians 3:16 comes to my mind. I think the more God's Word is internalized, the more constructive and encouraging OUR words will be. And your words DO bless me, Lea! (It was fun thinking about words on Facebook with you the other day...)

Leaon Mary said...

Thanks for sharing friends. Jean, isn't it something how those mindless comments we humans can say without thinking can sting? It's hard to let them go and having a memory can "keep" those same words coming to mind over and over. God help us to give grace... forgive and speak in love. About the words spoken about your grief.I'm sorry someone hurt you. No one knows our hearts but God- and He understands everything you're going through and cares.
Rebecca, I really LOVE the verse you shared. I just looked it up and it should be a scripture picture to go with these others. Thankyou for sharing it. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. Col 3:16

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

If I look back over my life, especially as a child, I can see how words have squashed me down to pulp, or lifted me up and encouraged me to be better than I am. Strange how only ONE person can belittle us and hurt us so deeply and we remember that moreso than we do the encouragement. Hurtful words just keep on echoing and repeating themselves like an 8-track tape. I love the Col. 3:16. Maybe if we SANG our words to each other, they would be softer, encouraging and uplifting.

Leaon Mary said...

I love the thought of singing our words.... it does seem like it'd be sweeter in ways.
Looking back there are 3 or 4 people who have squashed my heart like a bug. It's hard to forget. Forgive yes.... but the forgetting... is another story. I think you're right Cora... and maybe that's why God wrote it in the bible this way to watch our words coz He of all people knows once we utter it ... its out there and hearts get broken

Connie said...

I feel blessed to have found your blog.
Connie :)