Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Greetings and Holykisses!

I've been looking so forward to Thankful Thursday and here we are!
If you'd like to participate in this meme, or read other thankful hearts, please visit Sonya at Truth 4 The Journey by clicking the button below.

Without further adou... my five, random blessings:

1. I'm thankful for friendship. This past week, I was blessed to visit with Yolanda of Higher
Grounds on the telephone and now I have a voice to match her lovely profile picture! -- What
fun! Also, spent a much needed day with my friend Karen. We went junking, and
hit Hobby Lobby and Cracker Barrel! The sweet emails I've received, as well as
seeing all your beautiful faces and notes on the guestbook... just blesses my socks off.
I even found some snailmail! The Lord has
truly blessed my life with friends and family. I love yall, and thank
God for you.

2. I'm thankful to have reconnected with my catechism teacher who had me
in her class when I was around 7 years old. I haven't spoken to her
in close to thirty five years. She was so sweet on the phone and
the funny thing is, while listening to her... the Lord still used her
to teach me a thing or two.
I'm thankful.

3. I'm thankful for all the bible study tools I have access to.
There's just so much I want to learn about God.... and His living word!
I'm blessed to have a computer, and access to lots of books.
...I've never read the bible all the way through,
but I'm workin on it, and although there's so much I don't have a clue about... I'm thankful
most of all to "know" the
ONE who does!
Thank you MIGHTY GOD for helping me on this journey.
I seek your face.

4. I'm thankful God got me through another week eating healthy. Even when eating
out this week, He helped me make good choices without over indulging. I hope this isn't coming
out as vanity, because that's really not it. Food has been an idol in my life. Thankfully,
the Lord's reminding me that it's "fuel" for my body, more than for my entertainment. I've started dropping some extra weight now, and am so thankful. His word says all things are possible to him who believes. So I've
asked myself, "Lea, if it were possible, for you to lose weight; at what number do you
think you'd feel the healthiest?" That number is much lower than i actually am,
so I've given it to God and press on. ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE TO HIM
WHO BELIEVES AND
i BELIEVE.

5. I'm thankful for laughter. This past week, I met a little lady
in the nursing home. I don't even know her, but I was going down the hall,
and she stopped me and asked me to help her. We got to talking and before I knew
it, she started giggling. I mean the woman got downright GIDDY! Then I started laughing... I didn't know
why, but it was so doggone funny. I finally asked her what was so funny, and she said, she really didn't
know...?? - I asked her if I "look funny?" And a smirk crossed her face and she said, "Well,
yes,... you do!" Then she started laughing all the more. During this entire lengthy episode, two, or three
aides' walked by and they too started laughin, and commented that "Goodness, I sure had her going today." They seemed surprised.... which tickled me all the more. I've never
laughed so hard with a complete stranger before.
It was hysterical.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine."


Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

7 comments:

Yolanda said...

Lea, you spread so much joy every where you and to every one you are connected with.

Jesus
Others (and then)
Yourself

JOY

Love YOU!

Unknown said...

You are blessed, and I too for knowing you! Thank you for the tip on the magazine life:beautiful I found a copy yesterday and what a treat! I love it but wish it came out more than 4 times a year. Hugs!!

From the Heart said...

What a beautiful post. You had a lot to be thankful for. Actually we all do, especially those who are not in Haiti.

I finally learned how to do the blocked quotes. One of them was on my WFW yesterday.

Have a wonderful day and I'm so thankful to have you as a blogging buddy but more than that a sister in Christ.
Luv u,
AliceE.

Denise said...

You are precious, love you.

Denise said...

I bet you made that little lady a day to remember..... How sweet you are......... and as for the food.. OMG...... I am an emotional eater and I am realizing it more and more.. I am learning to fight that but it sure is hard.. My flesh is out of control when it comes to food and my spirit man it telling me that I can do all things through Christ. I have told the Lord that this will be the year that I shed these 40 lbs and renew my temple.. I am doing good but it is just because of HIM....... It used to be my vanity and now it is my desire to see my son married and children one of these days and be healthy enough my life when my sweet DH retires in 8 years...... That is what I get for marrying a younger man! hahahha

Tracy said...

There you go again...blessing my socks off with your joyful and thankful heart! You are a joy spreader extraordinaire! Great list of "thankfuls" this week. = )
Love & hugs...
Tracy

Sue said...

Lea,
What a wonderful Thankful Thursday post so enjoyed reading it. You always bless and inspire me.
Hugs and blessings,
Sue