Sunday, September 20, 2020

How Quickly Everything Can Change... RIP My Sweet Boy

I didn't know a week ago that all this was ending. 

This was 3 days before he died.  I thought he was okay. 
He was still following us around.. 
This was Wednesday. 


Thursday everything went downhill fast. 
He had a far away look.  
When I did my hair in the bathroom I noticed he came in with me but he walked to a corner in the bathroom and stood there with his head facing the corner.  It was odd.  Usually he'd just lay down next to me.  

We went into the living room and he laid down... I knew something was wrong.  
At one point he walked to the rocks that our woodstove sets on and he stood with his 
front legs on the rocks and his back legs on the floor for about three minutes... 
he's never done that before.  I went about my tasks but at one point took this photo of him. 
Then I stepped in something.  He'd pooed a little spot on the floor.  He never does that. 
Never. I got to looking and there were other places down the hallway.  I cleaned everything up,
and tried to just keep him calm and comfortable.  He didn't want to go outside and I had to carry him up and down the steps.  I brought his dogbed into my art room because it has a tile floor- easy to clean up.  
Then I put him out there with his food and water.  Everytime he'd drink he'd throw it all up.   

This is where we kept vigil.  He started leaving me.  Friday night I got up many times checking on him.  I didn't know if Saturday morning he'd still be alive.  But he was.  I brought a blanket and pillow out and laid beside him most of the day.  He kept moving his head looking for me...  So I took my tshirt off and laid it over him.  That seemed to help calm him down...   
But he died last night.  I'm thankful I got to be with him... talking to him when he took his last breaths.. but I still can't believe he's gone.  
Mike was working out of town with our sons.  I texted him when he died ... and told him to tell our boys.  Before Mike made it home there was a knock on the door.  It was Trent.. I opened the door to one of his bearhugs.  Man I needed it so much.... so much.  He came in for abit.... and Mike got home soon after.  This  house felt so damn empty until they got there.  

We buried Francois this morning... 
next to his sister Addie.  
He died two months two weeks and two days I think after her.  
If my math is right which ... 
don't hold me to that... and my head is still spinning.  

Awhile ago I picked up the dogbed and tossed out doors. All his toys,
his crate... and started scrubbing the floor in my art room.  
I can't believe he's gone.  

While cleaning in there, I found this photo.  
I think it was about a month ago.  
I'll treasure it.  

Rip my wonderful friend.  
Thank you for always being there for me.  
I'll love you forever.  
Until we meet again. 

 

3 comments:

Jean said...

Dear heart, am sending the biggest hug to you. I know your heart is aching. I am so glad that dear Trent was there to give you a real hug. Bless you I pray that our dear Lord will cover you with His peace and His love.

Love you.

Dawn Dutton said...

my sincerest sympathies to you Lea... and family. It is so hard to believe how fast they can leave us. I will keep you close in thought and prayer.
Hugs my friend.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lea my heart is with you. I so understand your loss. Francois looks like he was the sweetest friend. Sending you a cyber hug. God bless.