Saturday, July 22, 2017

Missing and Dragonfly Kisses

 Missing someone can put an awful ache in a body.  
Probably most of us have known that ache in one way or another. 
This week; I was just feelin it.
-- That loneliness ya know?  
This bible was a gift from Mentor who went home to Jesus  and the verse  highlited in purple;
that was her verse.  
"Thus says the Lord,
Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way is, And walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls.
But they said, 'We will not walk in it."

There's this worn path I walk almost every day....  
It's hard... and  usually this piece of my trail always gets me thinkin of  "the good way."

Out there walking; I think of my friend and mentor Cora a lot.
Mostly because all the things I wonder about in the bible ... I could ask her.
I wonder a lot and have so many questions....
Cora didn't mind all my wondering ....
She was trust worthy and really really really liked digging deep in the Word.
Man I miss her.
Been missin my Momma too.
 
Last night on my walk I kept seeing dragonflies.
 
They were everywhere!
  
 I wrote a journal entry  from that walk.  
The  dragonfly was on a  gate in the back pasture.   
At one point I realized I even had my Life is Good "dragonfly" shirt on. 
"Dragonfly kisses, Momma."  
With brave wings I fly.  

Alright friends,
Time to sign off.  
Myguy should be home soon.  
 
Until we meet again, 
Leaon Mary

8 comments:

Jean said...

I am sending a BIG HUG dear friend. I know what you mean...that ache just never goes.

Thank you for sharing your walk and those sweet dragonflies and the beautiful photo in your journal. Thank you for being a friend.

God Bless

Debra said...

Aw, Precious. You always have something here that I need. This morning on my walk, I found 3 dragonfly wings that had been taken off the poor bug. But there they were, glittering in the light-all delicate, lovely-a present from God-just for me. I picked them up to bring home-I actually lost 2 of them-they just flew away. I was carrying them so gingerly in my fingers, that I let them go by mistake. But I still have one of them.
I miss Cora too. I am so glad I got to know her.

So glad I know YOU.

Fran. said...

My heart aches for missing my mom too!! Just god n I know that n he let's me know he's with me always even in my silence of not saying it out loud...mine is Bluebirds for my Mom...Butterflies let me know God is here!! XOXO Love Fran.

City Mouse said...

Love you, country mouse!!!
Been keeping you close in prayer.
TRUSTing in Him always.

Leaon Mary said...

Debra!!!!! I smiled at you trying to bring home those wings!!! AND THEY FLEW off all by themselves!!! I KNOW you must miss Cora too. She touched sooo many lives. I don't think she had a clue how much she did. I miss her laugh... I miss talking crafts... and all the gobs of supplies we need. haha I miss you too Debra of Sparrowgrass.... and think of you SOOO MUCH! XOXO

Leaon Mary said...

Frannie... isn't it something how we just always want our Mommas? We must never get over that huh? I still need my Mom. Bluebird n butterfly kisses xoxo

Leaon Mary said...

Jean Lederer.... I've missed you CITY MOUSE!!! Just made my DAY TO SEE YOU JUST NOW!! WHAT A BLESSING YOU ARE .... XOXO

Leaon Mary said...

jEANIE of Scotland.... I think of you sooo much on my walks... and I dream of donkey sanctuarys and shetlands in sweaters and tea and biscuits and your adorable accent... Love from the shed! xoxo