Friday, September 9, 2016

Baking Day and Peanut Butter Cake Recipe


I'm breaking my 
never blog n bake rule. 
Right now, there's two loaves of pumpkin bread in the oven but  I pretty much 
know how long they take so was able to set the timer.

Has anyone else had a hard time finding cans of pumpkin lately? 
Pumpkin bread is Myguy's absolute favorite but pumpkin has been scarce.
Two weeks ago at the market - ... they only had organic and they were 
way overpriced so I passed them up thinking I'd just try Dollar General.
Went in there; and no pumpkin either.  None.  
Decided the next week if they didn't have it still I'd get the organic anyways. 
Wouldn't you know the shelf was bare.  
They'd even sold all the organic.  
Everywhere I looked... none.
Thankfully Dollar General finally got some in; 
so I stocked up.  

After making this peanut butter cake for 
 the welding shop this morning I started the pumpkin bread.
Guess what? 
Now no  nutmeg.  
So here I go... back to Dollar General... none.
Then  all the way to walmart. lol  Got it!  
Ohwell Myguy will be sooooo totally happy.
Even got him the full fat koolwhip he likes.  
No lite weights around here by golly. 

Well Myguy should be home soon.  
Before I sign off I'll share the new recipe with you for the peanut butter cake.  
He text me at break time and said it was a big hit-  (yay!) 
We love when that happens... coz ya just never know right? 
So if you want to try it... here ya go-
Peanut Butter Cake
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup melted butter
1 cup water
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 eggs 
2 tsp vanilla 
1/2 cup buttermilk
Mix well and pour in a sprayed 9x13 pan
Bake 350 for around 30 minutes.. or til cake springs back when touched.

While cooling but still warm:
Melt in sauce pan 1 stick butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup milk -
stir and over medium heat just bring to a boil
remove from heat and add 16 oz pkg powdered sugar and 
1 teaspoon vanilla.
Stir well and spread over cake.
Sprinkle top of cake with nut topping- I used a few sprinkles from a can of Fisher Ice cream nut topping.  

If you're wondering about the pumpkin bread I believe it's posted under the recipe box tab up above.

Time to get some supper on...
Leaon Mary xoxo









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pumpkin bread sounds yummy Lea, wish I could try some. I love that you can bake for the guys at work, I'm sure they really appreciate home cooking, what a blessing that you are.

I forgot to ask - Can I print your cloud picture from the previous post?

It was stormy here yesterday but the sun is out this morning.

Thank you for sharing your day and being such an inspiration.

Unknown said...

It must be such a wonderful experience to sit and rock a baby to sleep....treasured moments.

And the rocker looks so comfortable!

Blessings and Joy.