Saturday, December 26, 2015

Day 26 Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful...

(Today I'm veering from the prompt as we don't have boxing day here.)

It was tempting to just  pack a bag today and head to the mountains.
Myguy didn't have to work and both of us have been  missing
snow.  In four or five hours we could have driven far enough 
to find a place to throw snowballs, and do a few donuts.
But then we'd have to drive all the way back; so we opted 
to just head to Ft Smith and run around for awhile. 
With Chris Tomlin playing on a cd, we did what I guess thousands
of other people decided to do.  
Yall... it was a madhouse.  

With the new year just around the corner I've been on a mission--
A mission to find a bible study.
 I really hoped to find one today at Lifeway.  
 After much browsing;  didn't get one thing.  
Nothing  seemed to fit at all.... ????
Are any of you starting something new? 
Please share if you are.  

After Lifeway, we stopped by another bookstore,
Michaels, Harbor Freight, Sears, a Liquor store
to get bourbon for a new brew of  homemade baking vanilla and then...
before heading back we stopped for a bite to eat at our favorite
restaurant. 
This salad is such a treat for me. 
We don't have this restaurant in our neck of the woods and both like to eat there.
This salad not only is always beautiful but tastes so dadgum good.

Then we made the trek back.
Going into the big town is fun once in awhile but 
sure am thankful we live in a very rural area.  
Traffic is  just not my cup of tea.

Thanks for stopping by the shed.
Your visits mean a lot to me.
If you have any suggestions of a study to share please
leave me a message either in the comments or 
email.  Thankyou!
Leaon mary xoxo



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lea, I was so pleased to join you on your journey and totally agree that it is good to live in a quiet place and only visit (busier) towns now and then. Your salad looked delicious!! I too wanted to start a Bible study but the ones that I looked at in DVD's were Beth Moore, Sheila Walsh and Ann Voscamp however none of them are playable here in UK (different Region). so I'll have to do a bible study from a book. I'm a visual person so like to see the person who is teaching the message, however that's not important, I guess, it's the message that's important isn't it!

I look forward to hearing if you find a Bible study to begin the new year.

Jx

Rebecca said...

Wish I could suggest a Bible study, Lea. I haven't used a "commercial" Bible study for several years, so I'm no help. With discretion, you'll find some wonderful commentary on ANY Bible passage on the internet...

http://www.biblestudytools.com/resources/methods-of-bible-study.html

The way you describe your day sounds so delightful - the salad looks delish!

Raining here. (Maybe EVERYwhere?!?!?)

Thankful to know God is in charge and that He is my Father ♥

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening,
I hope this finds you well and enjoying the holiday season.

Take care, ~Natalie

p.s. that salad looked amazing!