Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Not A Beatle Kind of Day...

(written yesterday)
(update:  did I really spell beetle "beatle"-- does that bug you?)
Blogging and picture-less....   that just feels all wrong...
I'm at the Mechanics shop  and  can't manage to get photos to my blog from this dinasaur.
If I could; I would have shared  a picture of my desk today.  Okay; not my desk but rather the desk I'm sitting behind.  It has my bible on it... 5 orange sticky notes, 1 pale yellow one;  two white ones, my keys, the calculator, phone, a brand new vanilla buttercream candle I brought in today, and my beloved santa cup from Sisterbear- which is about half full of Folgers black silk coffee ...creamy sweet.  How's that for a photo?  Can you see it?  ;)

It's been a busy day here. My head is spinning having discussed lower ball joints with the last customer; a malfunctioning overdrive button and "could you put a rush on it" with another.... and the poor Hispanic man who dropped his Diesel off???      ..... If only I could speak Spanish. That was... a little awkward for us both.

At lunch I ran up to the house.  Hello watermelon and zucchini bread.  The over ripe watermelon had my name all over it; the first purchased of the season.  It was so sweet I could hardly wait to share the rind with the girls in the barn.  One big portion went to bunnykins: Brussel Sprouts and Mrs. Potter first.  They normally love fruit but watermelon must be on their least favorite list.  Oh  well... the chickylickys were pecking happily away as I bid farewell.  

On the rest of my lunch hour I gave all the potted plants a drink and made sure no one was trapped inside the greenhouse.  Butterflies and one cardinal have met their demise not finding their way back out of the opened doorway.  I guess they get confused with all the glass and it's so hot inside that apparently they soon keel over.  -- And the goldfish pond; well, it's  been a death trap to  toads and bugs daily!!  When adding fresh water to the goldfish pond this morning; I  used the net to scoop out the silver maple leaf floaters and one big black yet very much alive beatle bug.  I tossed the beatle onto a rock gently trying to save his skin and he took off on a scramble and then walked right off the rock ...back into the pond.  ?  Scooping him back out and flinging him further away I wondered;.. how many times have  I done the very same ... thing?  .. Like the beatle n toads, I've walked right off into plenty of other messes in life and ...felt the sinking. I know what it feels like to tread water til I'm worn out;... hoping and waiting for my Redeemer to scoop  me  out  and set my feet back on the Rock. 

This morning I was reading in Ephesians and I just noticed that I had highlighted in yellow about walking in wisdom.  You know; like the opposite of beatlebug thinkin?    "See then that you walk circumspectly,  not as fools but as wise,  redeeming the time, because the days ar evil.  Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is." Ephesians 5:15-17
......... What the will of the Lord is. 

My simple prayer.
God, help me in my walk with You.
Please redeem each and every moment.
Your will your way. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lea, I used that very expression the other day - "like treading water". Gets a bit tiring I know. How we can learn so much from the simple things in life that are there in front of us. Thank you as always for sharing and encouraging. Hope you have a lovely refreshing watermelon day!! Big donkey hugs to Violet & Spirit. Love you.
Jeanie

Yolanda said...

What a great word!!

Dee said...

I feel bad that you found a bird and bugs and the little beetle. One day all of creation will be united with the Lord...no more death or dying for any of his creation. We won't have to tread water either :)

sweetvintageofmine said...

Evening Lea, I just read that scripture yesterday....and I had watermelon today! Wisdom and watermelon....yes, I'll take them both! Beautiful lesson.....Blessings~~~Roxie