Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Gratitudes 6 Rejoicing

A few random blessings:

I'm thankful today for God's little joybuzzes to me....for the morning glories that volunteer to sweep the potting shed,
and for wisteria that hovers while washing flowerpots.
For Cathy's morning glory seed that not only blooms beautifully, but who greets me every single day; reminding me of a divine gift called: friendship.
I'm thankful for simple pleasures: like a tranquil little place to read my bible, or journal and place to observe God's delightful creatures.
... for time with my busy husband, and the many ways he shows his love to me: like building cage doors in over 100 degree heat, catching chickens with me in a small and very dusty chicken coop and then helping me carry them by the armful to their new pen. He never complains, but instead smiles and makes life fun. I love that about him and am thankful.
I'm thankful for life lessons to believe ... truly believe ....without seeing. And grateful to learn that in doing so, I begin to see even "more."

"By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. " Hebrews 11:3

Oh how grand is "invisible LOVE."
Love.
What a beautiful word that I got to experience on so many levels this week.....the crescent moon,
the entire book of John, songs, dragonflies, phone calls,a hand written card, texts, hugs, kisses, smiles, laughter, flowers, blue eggs, purple embroidered pillow cases, bookmarks, a word of encouragement, hand holding, a sip of grape water, a donkeys bray, a blooming Amaryllis that was waiting in the garden, a feather, whispered I love you's, a breeze when I really needed one, sweet bread, and even a silly squirrel who has a sweet tooth for my sunflowers and picks one every day. Love. All gifts from above.



I'm thankful that although the bluebirds found their wings...and dared to believe they could fly....once again, the cycle of life is repeating inside Mommas mailbox. I can hardly believe I get to witness such miracles.

I'm thankful for progress, and hope. For dreams and God's provision.
I'm thankful for shade under the scorching, summer sun.
And for cool air in our house and vehicles.
And I'm thankful I found something I'd lost: The "crooked cow" picture my Momma gave me several years ago. Once upon a time, I packed it far away in a drawer and came across it this week, only to misplace it all over again! I practically turned this place upside down looking for her. Hello my crooked cow! We need to put a bell around your neck so you shant be lost again.

My found picture, brings me to the parable of the lost coin today:

Luke 15:8-10 “Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Rejoicing this beeeautiful day,
Holykisses xoxo!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We may complain about and be grumpy from the heat, but summer is just another sweet season! I loved how you described each and every joy shared! I love the cow print, who painted it?

From the Heart said...

Beautiful gratitudes. You always think of the little things that we all should be thankful for. One I am thankful for is that I don't live where the sand storm is and that my husband is doing great after his surgery.

From the Heart said...

Well, I wrote a comment but it did not publish. I will try again.

I enjoy reading your gratitudes. You always think of the little things that I never think about but I should. Thanks for the reminder. I am thankful I'm not living where the sand storm is and I'm thankful my husband's recovery from surgery is going great. God is so good.