Monday, May 16, 2011

Bluebirds and My Family

Greetings and Holykisses!

Hope this finds you happy and well tonight!
Thought I'd share a few pics and even a surprise in the mailbox.
I've been spending much of the days outdoors. It was a perfect day. Our nights have been really cool; but our garden so far is doing great! Everything's up, and I even ate the first, fresh peas today! Okay; there were only two peapods "ready," but I was gonna take their picture because they were the most beautiful peapods I ever did see! Unfortunately... I ate em. There's nothin like fresh, sweet peas is there?!!! --I don't even have to share coz Myguy hates them. Mrs. Potter our bunny loves em... but shamefully, I forgot all about her. Sorry Mrs. Potter!

Tomorrow night is our ladies bible study at the house so I mowed and weed eated much of the day. Well, that' and read up on the lesson. We're studying Rahab and Deborah; two of my very favorite, ancient, sisters in Christ! It's sure to be a good discussion! Other than that' I'm on week 8 of "Believing God," and also finished the book Half The Church that was gifted to me from a friend. It has me asking the question, "What can I do Lord, to help women globally?"

This next picture has been a long time in the making. My friend Deena of the Singing Woods sent me hollyhock seed two years ago. Some are planted near our front door, and another plot of them out in the garden. I'm so excited because they're all blooming!
Their petals are so papery thin and translucent!
I will definitely save their seed and continue to plant more around my garden. I love hollyhocks and they mean so much to me coming from her.
This was the surprise in the mailbox today! You can click the picture to get a better look. But this is my Mom's mailbox that I just planted out back! My Sisterbear will be so happy to see the bluebirds are making it their ~home tweet home~!
Just warms my heart!
I wish I'd have remembered to take that tape off the flag after painting the mailbox- the pictures would be cuter. Oh well. They don't seem to mind!
They seemed to be watching me as closely as I watched them. lol
This bird was so colorful and beautiful!

This next picture was taken on Mother's day. Some of you are my facebook buddies and have already seen these; but for those of you who aren't, I thought I'd share my Fam! We had such a fun day!
Trent; my son to my left has now lost 62#!!!! Whooohooo! I'm so happy for him. Doesn't he look different! He's been working so hard at it! We were so blessed to also have our son Tony and his girlfriend Michelle with us for the day. Those two make a cute couple don't they?! We really like her alot. And she even made me cupcakes for Mother's day! What a sweetheart! ( I truly do love being the Momma!!!)

When I woke up Mother's day morning, Myguy had me get dressed and he walked me out to his truck. In the back of it, was a new kayak! I hadn't kayaked since I was a teenager! We took it down to our pond for my first go at it! It was like riding a bike! It was so much fun!!! Soon after; the kids came over and we loaded up to go off roading. We were gonna go "muddin" but with all the rain we've had... our muddin grounds were way under water. They probably still are.
Just realized I added the pic with my eyes closed- but oh well. lol This is somewhere out by Haw Creek. The water is so pretty isn't it? Myguy wants to get another kayak and we hope to bring them to this very spot.
We had so much fun driving through creeks. (That's my favorite part) Trent is absolutely insane when it comes to off roading. We ended up in his Jeep going wayyyy up this.. rabbit trail? lol I had a blast! It was really really fun. I'm really happy that my spinal cord is still intact. I think my rear was off the seat more than on it. lol
Here is another picture of the camping area. I love the color of the water.
In this area, the water was running off the rocks above onto the road. Everyone was in a playful mood and drove or ran through it. The kids made Bigdaddy n I get on the fourwheeler and drive through it. Brrr it was so cold!
While Myguy had the fourwheeler he had to do his share of "playin" in the sand.
Boys will be boys.
Michelle and Tony got pretty wet driving through the waterfall too. What fun.
I love this picture of our boys.
I can't tell ya how thankful I am that God chose me to be their Momma.
It's hard to believe they'll be 27 and 25 in just two more months.
Where does the time go?

Thanks for taking time to visit the shabby olde potting shed today.
Yall mean lots to me too!
Sweetdreams, and
Holykisses xoxo
Lea

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, Lea! What a great way to spend Mother's Day - family & fun...

And the bluebirds in the mailbox is a special treat. (Hope they decided to stay!)

I tried hollyhocks one year. Maybe I shouldn't have given up so soon. I don't remember getting even ONE flower, and something ate the leaves so that they appeared more like lace than leaves!

Have a sweet week, learnin' & livin'!

Trace4J said...

Beautiful family pictures. Looks like it was a wonderful day!
Love the hollyhocks!!
Trying to grow some of my own this year.
And the sweet bluebird in the mailbox. How cool is that!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Unknown said...

I love your hollyhocks, the leaves are so pretty too! And that water, what a peaceful color!! I don't know about driving in that deep water, looks too scary to me, too many horror stories about people drowning in creeks this spring I guess! But, you are proof that a body filled with the spirit never ages! You look great sweet friend!! Hugs!

Yolanda said...

Sweetness from beginning to end!!

I love your Momma's mailbox-giving protection to God's creation just like she gave protection to you and as God provides for you and I under His wings!!!

Lovingly-Yolanda

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I smiled my way through this post, Lea!!! It was so great to see all the pictures and your shiney, smiling face!!!! What a great Mother's Day!!! And the mailbox was just too cute. I love that nest-building thing. Hollyhocks!!!! So beautiful and I love the color.
I was just wondering --- did you cook those two pea pods????

Anonymous said...

Darling post, Lea! Loved the pictures of yours boys and Michelle. The picture of you is adorable. So fun reading of all your fun... glad you had such a wonderful time. Love to all.
Janie

Anonymous said...

Darling post, Lea! Loved the pictures of yours boys and Michelle. The picture of you is adorable. So fun reading of all your fun... glad you had such a wonderful time. Love to all.
Janie

Anonymous said...

Love your pics. For sure a memory to treasure as a Mama. You are so pretty, and look way too young to have grown sons. My daughters are 35 and almost 30. That blows my mind! The Bluebird couple is so cute. I to have Bluebirds and have posted some on my blog. I wish I lived near you so I could attend your Bible study. I'm sure I could learn a lot. I've got two studies I'm considering for the summmer. I'll let you know what I decide.
Til next time...
God bless you.
Ginger