Thursday, March 10, 2011

Greetings and Holykisses,

How is everyone today?!
I've been walkin around wondering, "What is that smell?"
I finally figured out, that... it's onions! You know; those wild onions that pop up out in the yard! I know some of your yards are still buried under snow but... today I weedeated! Seriously!
The weeds were starting to get a little tall up by the house so today, and I just finished wipin them out! Looks like I must have drug in this "lovely onion fragrance" on the hem of my "green" jeans. ha (shewwww)

See the little pansy up above?
I planted some today in my friend Betty Mae's honor!
Yeah.... (she has a thing for pansies) I can see why she's fond of em can't you?
They're so cheerful!
These are planted in the old washtub right outside our door. And more in another washtub out at the potting shed.
In this photo, can you see the "taller" plant in front of them? I think it's a sprig of chocolate mint that my friend Maxi gave me a couple years ago! Everything is coming back to life! I'm so excited.... and so ready for warm, Spring days aren't you?!

Our internet was out, so I didn't get a chance to post a scripture picture. But this verse was so special to me this week. I'd been praying and asking for direction about something and just wasn't hearing. Finally one evening, I'd prayed and opened my bible and this verse came. It seemed to speak straight to my heart, and was exactly what I needed to know.*

I started volunteering for a certain organization a couple years or so ago.
I don't know if I've started getting complacent or what?
But some of it was just getting to me.
Some of it still kinda bothers me... but God's reminding me that not everything is comfortable in life. Some things require extra effort .... and He says, "And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”" Matthew 10:42

It's funny- I mentioned weedeating.
With Spring comin on, the work days on our little farm get much longer. There is so much to take care of- not that I'm complaining at all, but that very fact was one of my excuses in my m

So the next day, I went forward in doing

No comments: